Author Topic: ABS Pump Failed  (Read 5472 times)

guest5126

ABS Pump Failed
« on: November 22, 2014, 07:19:44 PM »
Recently the ABS on our 2003 Jazz has died - pump motor apparently. 

Due to work we need the car off the road for as short time as possible - so we are looking at just buying a used replacement unit (SAA-G0) so it can be swapped out for the faulty one (rather than wait for the unit to be repaired).  I have found a company that will sell a refurbished unit - and on their site it states that the unit is not programmed and does not need to be.  My question is - if a find a used module from eBay from a breakers, is it also the case that this unit will not need to be re-coded/programmed?  Just a straight swap?

Thanks in advance!

guest5126

• Topic Starter
Re: ABS Pump Failed
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »
In case it helps anybody else in the future, the ABS pump was a straight swap, no programming needed, MOT passed  :)

guest1568

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 09:25:44 PM »
Hi Betty, sounds like the same problem I have! May I ask where you bought the replacement pump from?

Thanks in advance.

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 05:01:59 PM »
How did you know you had a failed ABS pump? What symptoms does it give?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 07:13:05 PM »
You will get a warning light on the dash and I assume that would lead to a fault code.

Vic.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 11:57:23 AM »
A few years back we had a Citroen ZX Volcane auto. My Wife loved it. However it plagued me with an ABS light on. Checked through everything to ensure no coked up connections. The Citroen was a little prone to this. In desperation I booked it into the local Peugeot garage for a spin on the  'super tell you all that is wrong' coughed up my £50 with can't find anything, must be the ABS modulator result. Off to the breakers and another £50 for a S/H unit, still the dreaded light was glowing on the dash. So I invested in a digital multi meter. The problem, a broken wire on the N/S/F ABS sensor. between the brake caliper and the first connection. A well known problem with the Citroen/Peugeot range. This was my first foray into ABS.
Often, by no means always, electrical faults are due to corrosion in the connectors. Jag owners of yesteryear would know this only too well. A wonderful car let down by dreadful lukar connectors.

Tags:

anything