Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Dreadful ride - any way to improve?
« Last post by DaveBerks on Today at 08:51:36 PM »
I recently carried a passenger in the front of the car on several occasions and it resulted in a significant improvement in the ride. Both passengers commented on how smooth and comfortable it was (to my surprise). Stability also seemed to improved making country roads fun to drive along.  Smooth surfaces are never a problem without passengers but seams and pot holes are an issue as they thump and echo through the cabin...boink, boink, boink !, presumably because the car is so lightweight and the chassis is now stiffer than they used to be. My previous Corolla had a more cosseted ride on poor surfaces but stability and body roll felt less confident than the Jazz.

The benefit of low weight may be good economy (average 54 mpg since new). At 5000 miles the car may also just about be run-in ?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Does your auto braking work ?
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 08:48:11 PM »
I have had the beeps but no actual braking....good to know it works!

Which setting are you all using?...it can be near, normal or far, but not sure those are the words.

Mine is set to default whatever that is (probably normal). I was a bit enthusiastic parking nose to a corrugated steel shed and was slowing down when the brakes came on with a vengeance.
Remember the Jazz has two different collision avoidance systems.
1. The City Brake Active system (CTBA) is the one that applies the brakes automatically if it feels like it. It works at low speeds between about 3 & 20 mph. It uses a laser sensor. There is no sensitivity adjustment. (Handbook p.450)
2. The Forward Collision Warning system does not apply the brakes automatically, it just beeps & flashes a warning. It operates above 9 mph; this is the system that has the near/normal/far adjustment. It uses a camera sensor. (Handbook p.428)

The dashboard warning display seems to be the same in both cases so it may not be obvious which system has functioned in any particular circumstances, the best guide is probably the car speed at the time. Personally I don't think I've ever had the CTBA activate, but the FCW is prone to false alarms, it can activate if the curve of the road makes the car think I'm about to hit an oncoming car (LH bend) or one parked on the nearside (RH bend), or if I'm moving up to an overtake position.
Car Care & Detailing / Re: Hand Car Washes - Good or Bad?
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:20:42 PM »
I used to ask the guys not to wash the windscreen. You still got some overspray and rinse on it, but my screenwash was always enough to cope with it.
Car Care & Detailing / Re: Hand Car Washes - Good or Bad?
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 05:54:07 PM »
Funny you should say that Richard because when I was discussing the Fiesta above, its owner said that was his only beef with his local car wash - wax on the windscreen.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Immobiliser problem - or what?
« Last post by TG on Today at 05:49:56 PM »
Excellent news and a fair price.

If anyone needs to check a relay, the under bonnet ones are all the same so you can swap them with the horn relay and check them by bibbing that.
--
TG
Congrats on competing what can be an awkward job, it seems all drop link replacements seem to involve cutting off bolts. 

I'd second the 'jacking the gearbox' concerns.  If you put a small piece of wood on the trolley jack cup (or an ice hockey puck), then you can place it under the box section bracing that is just further inboard than the sill jack points, which is where the stands can then go.  On the back, I sometimes lift from under the bottom of the spring, seeing as that is also designed to take the weight of the car.
--
TG
I see on the news, today, that in Australia manufacturers are replacing faulty Takata air bags with ..... faulty Takata air bags! Toyota, Mazda, Lexus, BMW and Subaru all admitted to replacing the faulty airbags with identical devices. Their rational is that the air bags deteriorate with age, and by fitting new ones they are relatively safe!! Other manufacturers have refused to comment.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Does your auto braking work ?
« Last post by edam on Today at 05:00:42 PM »
Yes
I have previously posted on the forum about it.
The Jazz I have now has no problem with the City Brake System .
Also something I have noticed is that my present car has better ground clearance due to the different shape of the middle exhaust box
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Dreadful ride - any way to improve?
« Last post by Kenneve on Today at 04:56:21 PM »
Following ZZAJ's comment about extra weight in the back, I have added the steel spare wheel, that I had lying in the garage, together with a quite heavy toolbox and I have to say, the ride is significantly better.

So far I have not noticed any real difference in fuel consumption, maybe 1 or 2 mpg, which I am prepared to accept in the interest of  a smoother ride.

Have driven from Solihull to Stratford on Avon, along the A3400, (50mph max limit) this afternoon and recorded 62.4 mpg going out and 58.9 on return, both indicated figures, ( well, it is downhill to the river) which is really no different to running without the extra load, so for the moment the load will stay.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Immobiliser problem - or what?
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 03:34:58 PM »
Why not give them a name check?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything