Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Bad ride and tyre pressures
« Last post by Ed the Jazz on April 23, 2018, 10:42:00 PM »
An old problem - 2004 sport CVT ride is mega uncomfortable. Changed front tyres to Dunlop Blue response which are better at dampening road noise but at 32psi seem soft. At 33psi-35psi smooth ride and steering but over rough roads (most roads now) thuds through the front suspension. I have 4 tyre gauges and 3 give different readings - an 'accurate' quality dial gauge which I trust as being accurate, a Michelin foot pump which reads approx 3-4psi lower than the dial, 2 Dunlop style stick gauges which both read the identical pressures but approx 2-3 psi lower than the dial. Ride is reasonable (for a Jazz) at 32F/30R psi set with the dial gauge but I worry that pressure is too low! Last forecourt gauge I tried read 4-5psi higher than the dial gauge even when tyres are cold. Is a range of pressures 4psi acceptable?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Jazz Sport.
« Last post by Deeps on April 23, 2018, 10:34:31 PM »
Do I have to wear a baseball cap on backwards while driving my Sport?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / radio reception cutting out
« Last post by Ed the Jazz on April 23, 2018, 10:09:50 PM »
Recently the radio on my 2004 Sport CVT has started to play up. works perfectly then cuts out/crackles as though the signal has gone out of range/strength - but the car is parked. Does this with and without the engine running but if a CD is left in the player but the radio switched on it seems to improve slightly. Anyone got any ideas other than the radio has had it...CD works perfectly.
There must be a lack of communication at my local dealer, I received an email today reminding me that a service is due. I am still using the car but they own the car as it has been traded in, not my problem!  :-)
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Tyre Pressure warnings....danger of crying wolf too often
« Last post by Deeps on April 23, 2018, 09:54:25 PM »
The system detects rotational differences between the wheels, speed of rotation should not be a factor as all four wheels are rotating at the same speed. There must be some tolerance or time delay in the system to allow for different wheel rotation speeds caused by low speed manoeuvring, bends and roundabouts etc.
Yes - handbrake on.

The other thing I did was a quick tread depth check - I've heard of instances where the system has been fooled by uneven tyre wear but they are all pretty even in that regard.

I'm anxious to get the system working properly. The basic concept of a tyre pressure warning system is a good one.

Could the system be too sensitive and it is picking up the tyres 'growing' in diameter at higher speeds due to combination of air warming and centrifugal force.

Yes - did wonder about that, especially after reading the Honest John thread on his website. I'm hoping this is just a glitch as per mikebore's experience. 

I'm anxious to get the system working properly. The basic concept of a tyre pressure warning system is a good one.

I started this thread after having two false alarms in the first few months of ownership, then the real warning which I ignored. All I can add is that the following 20k miles and twenty months since then I have had no alerts, false or real. Perhaps I should check the system is still working by letting a bit out of one the tyres.
Honda & Other Honda Models / Re: 2018 F1 season
« Last post by culzean on April 23, 2018, 06:10:41 PM »
In previous seasons when with Honda, McClaren blamed the Honda engine for their lack of performance.
The latest Honda engine seems a lot better with Torro Rosso while McClaren are still floundering with their new Renault engine which is doing very well with Red Bull.
So perhaps the problem wasn't all with the Honda engine after all, maybe the car isn't itself isn't too good.

Vic.

I don't think Maclaren were the easiest partner to deal with, Japanese put a lot of effort into partnerships and if Maclaren wanted to be 'the big boss' all the time that would not work.  I had read that Honda wanted changes made to chassis but Maclaren would not do it.
Yes - handbrake on.

The other thing I did was a quick tread depth check - I've heard of instances where the system has been fooled by uneven tyre wear but they are all pretty even in that regard.

Could the system be too sensitive and it is picking up the tyres 'growing' in diameter at higher speeds due to combination of air warming and centrifugal force.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Tyre Pressure warnings....danger of crying wolf too often
« Last post by Deeps on April 23, 2018, 05:52:38 PM »
Sorry about the edit, I was thinking MT cars, I have just ordered a 1.5 CVT and am in the knowledge transition phase.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything