Author Topic: Good bye  (Read 12503 times)

Bob3356

• Approved Member
Good bye
« on: January 30, 2015, 04:59:01 PM »
Having had the jazz since new its over 10 years old, thought i would trade it in for a year old jazz. Went to my nearest dealer....the chap was intent on selling me a new jazz automatic....plus the best he would offer was one thousand pounds part ex...
he would not listen.....next day i visited Hyundai  i now own a new i20 and am very impressed...so far.
gosh i am going to miss all the Honda recalls ! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
Re: Good bye
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 10:10:01 AM »
Oh dear, not wishing to put a damper on your new toy but have a read here, not a good recommendation for Hyundai or their dealers, it pays to do some research. :o

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3747477

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 11:04:57 AM »
I too would have done some research - Hyundai recalls are much worse than Honda - and many of them are safety recalls and in major components (when they say 'structure' that mean a weakness in the build of the car) - such comments as 'front suspension springs can corrode and break, puncturing the tyre' don't actually fill you with confidence either, airbag faults, clutches failing after very small mileage, steering recalls etc. etc. Some models subject to quite serious rusting as well.

Remember 'the sour taste of bad quality far outlasts the sweet taste of low price'.

would be interested how much you get for part-ex on the Hyundai when you trade it in 10 years time.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:30:45 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »
should have got the kia rio   ;D

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 11:43:12 AM »
would be interested how much you get for part-ex on the Hyundai when you trade it in 10 years time, if it lasts that long.

Corrected that for you, not exactly known for their longevity. ;D

Funny enough one of my neighbours has just changed his four year old Hyundai i20 for a three year old Jazz, must ask him why when I see him.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:50:26 AM by Hobo »

Bob3356

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 11:45:11 AM »
I did lots of research, jd power surveys in Asia was one source, plus Hyundai is now the 4th largest  manufacturer  must stand for something, plus i have an i10 that has been 100% realiable.

Bob3356

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 12:00:31 PM »
VOSA site....i20 0 recalls.....jazz 3 ......pages !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 02:09:34 PM »
Quote from USA industry website -
“The recall rate could also be an indication of a manufacturer’s risk tolerance or strategy. Some automakers may issue recalls at a higher frequency because they may be more cautious and proactive.”

A lot of recalls are left to manufacturers discretion and conscience, Toyota have got a bulletproof reliability record, but refused to issue  a recall on sticking throttle on the Prius in USA until overwhelming evidence made them do it - they now recall cars if there is the slightest whiff of upcoming legal problems and are Americas leading recall company.  By the way failing to issue a recall when it is needed is called 'doing a Chrysler' - and Hyundai has had tie-ups with Chrysler.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 03:05:25 PM »
VOSA site....i20 0 recalls.....jazz 3 ......pages !

The Jazz is in it's thirteenth year, how long has the i20 been in production ?

I have owned Jazz's for nine years and have been called forward for three recalls in that time, two for the same item the driver's door master window unit and one for a headlight wiring problem.
That doesn't sound horrendous to me.

Vic.

guest2662

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 06:46:15 PM »
take no notice bob nothing wrong with Hyundai cars, have you noticed all jazz owners think they have the best car in the world I have had 2 their is other cars just as good if not better to drive the jazz is now looking so outdated its now known as the older persons car [before you all have a go at me I own a jazz and a v.w ] good luck with your new car bob.

Bob3356

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 08:36:43 PM »
Thanks for taking the time for those kind words my friend.

guest4283

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 11:31:06 PM »
...jazz is now looking so outdated its now known as the older persons car...

The Jazz is an unpretentious car that is at top of its class at being an economical, and reliable luggage carrier. So while the bright young things are buying fashionable and stylish Fords, Peugeots, Citroens, Renaults and BMWs, the Jazz will get on quietly with its job of being a car, passing the odd fashion statement broken down by the side of the road or wrapped around the nearest tree/lamp post.

The Jazz isn't for everybody. It's not a status symbol, fashion icon, executive cruiser, or pocket rocket. But if you can look past all that superficiality and look at the core qualities you would need in a car...

...good luck with your new car bob.

Yes... poor old Bob, he might have thought twice about saying goodbye if he had known what passions it would stir up! ;)

I hope he'll be very happy with his Hyundai. I am very happy with my Jazz.

Sayonara Bob!

Bob3356

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 08:08:55 AM »
A brief history of my 10 years of ownership of the Jazz. The engine has been brilliant......
The rear wheel bearings started to become noisy....took it to main dealer....no...but the brakes need changing....odd to think I had replaced them the year before !
Gained a free full service letter, went to the dealers and was presented with A £520 bill ! I contested and they would not return my keys. I presented the case to trading standards and threatened them with a court action I duly gained a full refund. Whilst it was being serviced I was told the gearbox oil was contaminated and that would be £110.
I replaced the oil myself at a fraction of the cost. Oddly a couple of years later the gearbox has started to whine....
What with the noise of the wheel bearings...please note all this after only 56,000 miles !
I researched the i20 and discovered via NCAP that it's safer than my old jazz and the new jazz.
The car is for my wife I am so pleased she is now safer, her first comments were that she no longer has to have the radio on so loud !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 08:11:09 AM »
Probably nothing wrong with Hyundai as a car ...................but ...................

i20 built in India for Asian market, for European market it is built in India and supplied as (CKD) Complete Knock Down kit to Turkey to be assembled and shipped from Turkey as completed. Hyundai and Kia are basically same company, and may as well be called Hyundkai -

One thing about the Jazz is that it is Built in UK supplying jobs and bringing forward the engineering skills base we so badly need here.  Its all very fine saving a few quid on a car, but I speak as someone who works in automotive 1st tier supply company making body panels and structural assembles,  we don't make any assemblies for anyone outside Europe, and the vast majority of our output goes to Japanese car builders in UK,  with some to BMW for the Mini. So if you want your kids to have any kind of job in the future (other than working in MacDonalds for £6.50 / hour) you should support 'Made in Britain'.  It does cost more to make cars here, even though British car plants are among the most, if not the most efficient in the world, and some of it is down to our health and safety costs (we care about our workers) and some down to the fact that British workers expect a certain standard of living.

Of course most people on this forum think their Jazz is the best,  I have never seen a Honda broken down at roadside (except on that ridiculous AA advert a while ago) - and the Jazz is near top of residuals chart - depends what you want,  but if you want Britains economy and prospects to improve,  support our home industry - and if they make a great car, well even better (that's why Rover failed - people bought them because they were British, but their build quality was crap -  the best Rovers you could get were the ones with Honda engine and powertrain, but when Government sold Rover to BMW (who only ever wanted their 4X4 expertise) Honda stopped supplying those parts).

Of course you should enjoy your new i20 - but in years to come when no-one in UK has a job and are not paying taxes to pay your pension, you may not enjoy it so much.

I hope to see you on this forum again in a few years time giving us all an honest account of any problems you have with the i20 - just so that we can compare.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:32:17 AM by culzean »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »
http://www.reliabilityindex.com/

The Honda Jazz is probably the joint most reliable car on the planet. Fact not opinion. These stats are gleaned from repairs authorised by Warranty Direct.

Hyundai aren't bad either ;)

Tags: