Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Boot lock FIXED (almost)
« Last post by auntyneddy on Today at 03:30:35 PM »
There is a way to check compatible parts but  it is a tad laborious I was able to find that a window winding motor switch  for a Mk2  was the same as a' Ballard'
If you Google   https://www.'parts-honda.uk  There you can find your model and look up the part number, then try the Civic, unfortunately with the Civic it is a bit hit and miss unless you know which model might have a compatible part.
I know some more knowledgeable can find the Honda  part number on Lings but I suppose being lazy the above site gives you all the models at a glance.
Just ignore the prices they seem to come from la la land.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: How fussy/daft are you?
« Last post by auntyneddy on Today at 03:17:14 PM »
Yesterday, I was sussing out on how to do the 'air con cooling rad' protection job. I removed the 4 plastic things and just pulled the top of the bumper away from the bonnet slam panel just for a reccy. I will be removing the grill just by removing the two self tappers. I replaced the horns about year or so ago and nothing untoward BUT yesterday all along the bracket that runs behind the grill was red rust in All the seams. SO when the protector is done there is some serious anti rust to be done. I know this piece is replaceable but that's not the point. Is this more of my shoddy repair work coming to light or is Honda's paint particularly thin on these parts.
I really do wonder how a good little car can be so marred by the  stupidity of man.
Just in case you want to check the plugs there is a very clear step by step item on Google. All you need to do is put the following in 'DIY lower your GE8 Fit - Unofficial Honda Fit Forums'  I could give you the www but the above takes you there.
Ignore all the info re lowering the suspension just use the removing the cowl etc. Take heed of the warnings re the clips because to replace anything of the plastic is a case of having to buy the lot
One other point to get to the plugs you do not have to remove the wiper motor just undo the mounting bolts BUT be careful not to drop a spacer from the mounting rubbers otherwise you will have to go fishing in the engine under tray. If you are going to do anything around the plugs etc the on line manual is excellent.
If you haven't already accessed it    http://hondafitjazz.com/manual3     sorry I am a computer dunce so it is not a direct link.
Thanks Jocko, worth knowing.

Will just get the other bits done then. Is it also worth running any kind of injector cleaner through the system e.g. Redex? or are these not worth the time?

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Strong exhaust fume smell near front of car
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:36:43 PM »
If it has only ever had oil and oil filter done, then a full service would certainly benefit it. The fuel filter is in the tank and only needs done every 72,000 miles or 6 years. However, it really only needs changed if the fuel pressure fall below 47 psi. As you have to remove the entire fuel tank most people just leave it alone, unless they have fuel pressure problems. I have never seen a dirty fuel filter on any of my cars. Unless the inside of the tank is rusty (think they are a plastic these days), or you use cheap nasty fuel (think 3rd world), you shouldn't have a problem (Haynes manual sections 1:17 and 4:11).
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Weird steering problem!
« Last post by pavedazo on Today at 02:34:54 PM »
Any suggestions what might have happened? I haven't had time to check the connectors again. Will do so later today. I used a OBD scanner, but no error codes that I could find. Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Yes, simple OBD scanners only shows faults that lit the check engine lamp. To read out eps, abs, etc fault codes you need some equipment that communicates with those ecus. Either a honda factory stuff, or some handmade one, if you are familiar with its comm protocol.
Without that, I'm afraid, you can only do the electrical connection checks, or the ecu replacement... or maybe the blind re-soldering.
If you check the voltage of the connector (while disconnected) you can also see if the fuse is ok or not.

ps. thinking about it, even if you had the eps fault code, you cannot really do anything more....
Thanks for your replies so far - just had a visual inspection of the exhaust system done and they said its fine.

I've checked the service history book and although it's got full Honda service history it only has ever seemed to have had the oil and filter changed...

I'm wondering if a proper decent service may help? Its done 46k miles

Maybe have spark plugs, air filter, oil + filter, pollen filter and fuel filter done?

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Aftermarket radio and replacement
« Last post by Lat0r on Today at 12:06:33 PM »
One more tut from Gaffer

Detailed with full of useful information
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=4860.0
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Aftermarket radio and replacement
« Last post by Lat0r on Today at 11:51:12 AM »
Thanks Jocko

After some digging on the site, I found a thread about this. 

Piercedpanda look here:
http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8983.0
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: How fussy/daft are you?
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 11:23:00 AM »
+1 for Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax - very durable and easy to wax on/wax off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything