Author Topic: Garyman's GE6 Jazz build/progress thread  (Read 117462 times)

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Garyman's GE6 Jazz build/progress thread
« on: October 01, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
Hi everyone,

Thought I'll re-do my thread with some progress I've made.

So, I purchased a GE6 Jazz 1.4ES in Cerulean Blue with OEM rear roof spolier in March 2009.

I thought the ride height was too high so decided to lower it with some Eibach springs. I had some Eibach on my EP3 Civic Type R and they were really good for my needs so that was my reason to stick with Eibach.

Lowered on Eibach

I was looking around the internet and found J's Racing had a really nice front lip spolier for their Jazz and looked into getting one. However, my research found that their lip spoiler were only for the GE8, and that it would not fit our GE6.

I was able to find a supplier in Singapore who did replica ones so went ahead and ordered it. I reckon its the only one in the UK

Replica J's Racing front lip spoiler

I have some recaro's from a Evo8 MR320 sitting in the garage since summer but been waiting for the Yen to get better before ordering some Bride RO seat rails to get these installed. Been waiting and waiting and in the end, decided to just bite the bullet and buy them and got them from Touge Distributions : http://www.tougedistribution.com/

They are currently coming over via container so wont arrive into the country til end of May. Was also looking at the J's Racing front strut bar and should have ordered that at the same time but didnt- but a few weeks later, i remembered one of my 2 year ficed rate bonds were maturing so thought s0d it and ordered the strut bar as well- but this wont arrive in the country til June.

Anyways, as I was on a spending spree, I thought I may as well carry on  :-[ :D

Changed the gear knob

Before

After

Its the titanium gear knob from a DC2 Integra Type R which the previous owner had polished to give it the Spoon Titanium blue finish.

Its quite a heavy knob but its really transformed the gear change and theres a nice feel to it now- totally love it!

J's Racing Oil cap in blue

J's Racing rad cap

05/05/10

Mugen pedals

Clutch pedal seems slightly off so will see how I get on but most likely redo them when I get a chance. Heel and toe is pretty good fun now  :P

24/7/10

J's Racing front strut bar

Had a bit of a nightmare fitting the strut bar but got there in the end (1.5hrs!!!). Cornering is definitely more "planted" now so all good. However, my best mate (mechanic) who helped me fit this wasnt that impressed with it and tbh, its not really a point to point strut bar so will see how I get on with this as to whether to keep it or not.

Also tried to fit the recaros but encountered major problems taking the seat off the original (Evo) subframe so will have to wait a couple more weeks til we both have time off work to tackle it again.

6/10/10

Recaro finally in (on Bride rails)  8)

Just took a few pics on my phone so will get better ones when i get a chance but i LOVE them!!

11/10/10

K&N panel filter

I bought the K&N after reading about it from another member on the forum and thought I'd give it a try and managed to get it for £30-£35 after some forum discount on another forum that I'm on.

Slightly more induction noise as expected but not too loud, but have noticed slight more torque.

03/11/11

Quick pic just taken

New addition are Mugen side skirts and rear lip bumper plus Spoon N1 backbox.

Was never too  keen on the N1 on the EP3s but I "needed" a backbox to compliment the Mugen rear lip as it has an exhaust mould so it would look silly imo if there was no exhaust pipe coming out.

The N1 is what I remember it being on an EP3 so not sure if I like that much rumbling/noise and no doubt the missus will complain when we go out in it this weekend.

22/05/12

New pedals- offical Honda sport pedals

Replaced badge on steering wheel (sticker)

29/06/12

Buddyclub short shifter

and the oem one

More pics can be found here

Thanks for reading and comments welcome

Gary
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:46:15 AM by Garyman »

guest765

Garyman's Jazz
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »
Gary you in Leeds ? ;)

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Garyman's Jazz
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:03:58 PM »
Gary you in Leeds ? ;)

Newcastle- why like?

guest765

Garyman's Jazz
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:17:45 AM »
The reg it looks like the old Leeds lettering......like the little wings though on the front........ ;)

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Garyman's Jazz
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 01:25:03 PM »
Updated  :D

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »
 ;D  ;D ;D
100+1 HP

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 11:05:01 AM »
Another small update; J's Racing oil and rad cap

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 10:51:39 AM »
Update with Mugen pedals

guest1128

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 12:56:43 PM »
Nice work ! Well done  ;D

Didnt you think to get a rear diffuser beside that front lip? 

( I think you did get front lip from Solomon brothers Singapore , they have 2 types of rear diffusers)..

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 03:23:44 PM »
Yes, I purchased the front lip from Solomon Brothers but I only got the front lip.

At the time of purchase, they didnt have the rear lip/diffuser- although they did have other types of (full) bodykits available.

I decided not to get the rear or side skirts mainly due to lack of finances and I thought I'd be fine with just the front lip. However, now that the lip is on, it does look like it would be better with the complete package ie side skirts and rear bumper/spoiler/diffuser.

Been looking at options but the only one I can see atm is to import them from (maybe) Solomons again but I'll be looking at around +£500 just for the parts and shipping and then I need to get the bodyshop to paint and fit them which I reckon will be around £200.

If there were a UK company that could do it, I'll be there in a shot!

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 10:46:42 AM »
Updated with J's Racing front strut bar

guest1128

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 08:21:03 AM »
did it make a difference in terms of handling?

whats next.  rear strut brace ?

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 08:59:35 AM »
Had a bit of a nightmare fitting the strut bar but got there in the end (1.5hrs!!!). Cornering is definitely more "planted" now so all good. However, my best mate (mechanic) who helped me fit this wasnt that impressed with it and tbh, its not really a point to point strut bar so will see how I get on with this as to whether to keep it or not.

Better turn in- feels more stable and "secure" cornering and can take roundabouts quicker  :D

Yes, looking at bracing the rear- something like a thicker ARB or underbrace from Cusco. I've never been into C-pillar bars as dont want the bar in the way of the boot or whatever.

Also depends on finances etc so will be a slow build  ;D

guest238

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 09:58:47 PM »
Looking good. Nice work. :)

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 11:35:18 AM »
Ok guys,

Hopefully be in a position to purchase some new wheels but cant decide between between the follow 2 options; Rota Spec R and Torques (both gunmetal/ anthracite)

Spec R- These will be 16s

Torque- These will be 15s

The image above was created with the help of Rarerim's virtual fitting bay thingy.

Which one would you choose?

Gary

ps- I'm sure you can see this is for my Jazz :p

Tags:

anything