Author Topic: Where does the wiring loom pass through the bulkhead  (Read 5086 times)

guest5079

Where does the wiring loom pass through the bulkhead
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:58:41 PM »
Need help Chaps and Chapesses,
Where does the wiring loom from the engine bay pass through the bulkhead?  All I can see is an enormous space behind the engine and wiring appearing to disappear under the brake servo.
 I have tried the manual but that only appears to show the wiring loom in sections and nothing else.
So help please.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Where does the wiring loom pass through the bulkhead
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »
Look again at the manual, RHD engine wiring harness.

Right: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/en/html_en/000000000000727.html
Left: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/en/html_en/000000000000736.html

In the images below, I've highlighted in green where I think the two holes/grommets in the bulkhead are.

Right engine compartment wiring harness RHD by macplaxton, on Flickr

Left engine compartment wiring harness RHD by macplaxton, on Flickr

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 12:27:24 PM »
THANK YOU
for a clear and concise answer.
Envious of your computer skills.
When I looked under the bonnet, I could see the left hand wiring but couldn't see exactly where it went through. If I am lucky it will come out around the heater unit where there is a lot more room behind the glove box.
Once again Thanks.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 12:49:12 PM »
No problem. If you can get some pictures while your doing the job, please post them up. If that's not possible, then you could always send them over some way and I'll put them up for reference.

Good luck with getting what you need through the hole(s), doesn't look all that easy to reach!

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »
Thank you Eddie Honda for your help and good wishes.

Might I ask a favour, how do you get an index up on the 'manual'?

I have spent some time in trying to find a worm hole!!!!!! I tried the loom over the rear of the air intake system but it means moving the ECU to have a look.
I passed my hand under the brakes servo and the loom on the right hand side seems to pass under the servo and along the chassis leg. I will then try and lift the carpet and soundproofing to find the loom. I just hope it's not a case of moving the fuses.
As to putting up some pictures I will try but my computer skills are basic.
I am now going to put my head above the firing line over Warranties and service!!!!!!!

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 04:43:00 AM »
Might I ask a favour, how do you get an index up on the 'manual'?

More than happy to help, I just need to know what you mean exactly by "get an index up"?

The main page of that manual is down at the moment.

I did flick through the contents and found the page I wanted and just linked to the individual page. I did that because if I just grab the image from the manual, I lose the annotations on the image (although I could work round that and grab the image another way). After that I edited the image by selecting the are I wanted to fill in and saved that version.

As to putting up some pictures I will try but my computer skills are basic.

As long as you can actually take the pictures, we can work round the rest of the process.

Do you have to use a wiring loom hole? There are other holes in the bulkhead that may be viable alternatives, such as ones where the heater pipes pass though.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »
Thanks once again. Don't worry about the index, I just wondered if you had a magic system.
Yes, you are quite correct and I had considered hoses etc but the problem is it seems that I might be able to see them from the engine bay but  then they seem to disappear behind something inside the cabin.
I will persevere.
I managed to follow the R/H side harness down behind the servo with my hand but then it appeared to do a left turn through the back of the wheel arch behind the macpherson strut turret. I will continue. Unfortunately Honda left a stonking great hole behind the engine but then put everything possible in the way to prevent access behind.

Tags:

anything