Author Topic: Honda spare parts  (Read 8340 times)

guest5079

Honda spare parts
« on: October 31, 2014, 04:23:19 PM »
I have just looked at a retailer of 'genuine' honda spare parts only to find that a pair of front discs retail at over a £100 plus pads at another £45. Rear discs and pad just a little less. £250 plus to do the brakes?
I can understand that it is not in anybodies interest to fit some jobbies costing a fiver BUT surely fitting AP products or similar would not be out of the question. On my previous car I fitted some Pagit discs and pads from Europarts and at 25,000 miles still not scored or worn nearly enough for replacement and that was on a V6 2litre with auto box.
In many cases OE would be as good and it is possible that somebody like AP supply Honda as original spares.
Has anyone any thoughts on this as the Honda prices do seem a little excessive.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Honda spare parts
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 05:03:01 PM »
Have fitted 'blueprint' discs and pads in the past, but the blueprint pads were 'adhesive' type and didn't seem to suit the Jazz, had to replace with Honda 'abrasive' pads (still kept blueprint discs) and all was good again.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 06:27:50 PM »
Blueprint are a good brand, I have used their discs and other bits. They are a Bilstein company, so been around for years.
Pads, I prefer Mintex or Brembo. Juratek are a reasonable cheaper brand.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 05:58:05 PM »
Try a search for your brake parts on E Bay some dealers have stock clearances inc original part brakes from time to time.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 06:43:20 PM »
I will be more than happy to use parts from Euro Car Parts when the time comes. Everything I have had so far has been spot on and their delivery service is also excellent.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 09:57:46 AM »
I will be more than happy to use parts from Euro Car Parts when the time comes. Everything I have had so far has been spot on and their delivery service is also excellent.

+1
And they deliver FOC.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 06:54:50 PM »
Try this site, similar to Euro Parts:
http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 04:22:28 PM »
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. The problem is that the car has a two year warranty and had the dealer NOT felt that I had a genuine case for complaint and replaced all the discs FOC, I would have had to be very careful about what make I had used. I had a Rover 45 V6 for nearly 7 years and dealt with Europarts. I found their spares to be good quality and a good fit something that doesn't always happen with pattern parts.
After some digging I found the following, the front discs on the Jazz are the same as Rover 25/45, so I have difficulty in understanding the justification of the Honda prices. The tyres fitted to certain models of the Jazz it seems are not a common size so expensive BUT when the brakes are multi fit one does expect a better price.
Once again thanks for the helpful suggestions.

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 11:27:56 AM »
I have to agree. Some Honda parts seem exceeding expensive and their accessories even more so - so expensive I cannot imagine they sell many. e.g. £120 for a set of mud flaps?

madasafish

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 12:39:36 PM »
You should see Audi and BMW prices...for add ons..

Margins on these parts are what make dealers and makers money...   

If ever you have had any building work done, and change the specification, you will notice the same thing..

If I was buying new and wanted AddOns, I would negotiate for some to be free or discounted...Before I agreed to buy. That is when your buying power is strongest.

(I ran a Purchasing Department for a short while in a  prior life)

guest907

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 11:31:10 PM »
How much for
I have to agree. Some Honda parts seem exceeding expensive and their accessories even more so - so expensive I cannot imagine they sell many. e.g. £120 for a set of mud flaps?

How much for mudflaps?? Cheap, try asking to replace a cracked front foglamp...I didn't want to buy the bumper as well!!

Needless to say its still cracked (works though).

madasafish

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »
Try greenhouse glass repair tape.. for cracked foglamp.

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 10:32:37 AM »
As a result of your earlier reported experience with a cracked lamp, I put some of this on both fog lamps to give some protection.

3M clear paint protection vinyl film sticker. 15cm x 30cm is enough for both lamps (and spare in case you mess up making one!).

The lamps are easy enough to get to. See the manual. I made a template and used a hair dryer to mount the film onto the glass.

I suspect this would make your lamp almost as good as new again.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-clear-paint-protection-vinyl-film-sticker-15cm-x-30cm-/251179879633?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7b7cccd1

guest907

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 11:16:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply, ordered a roll and at the price its worth a shot. ;)

Tags:

anything