Author Topic: newbie looking for hybrid  (Read 3810 times)

mylesm

• Approved Member
newbie looking for hybrid
« on: September 15, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
Hello

New member from Ireland great forum here

I am considering a Hybrid Jazz I had a prius and really liked it but prefer the flexibility of the Jazz

The Hybrid model is not available in Southern Ireland so I will Travel to UK and purchase and import one

Something like this maybe

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201408186687543/sort/default/postcode/sw128tn/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/jazz/page/1/make/honda/keywords/hx/radius/1500/usedcars?logcode=p

If anyone has any tips for me or what to watch out for or if you know of a good used hx Hybrid than I would be very grateful

Thanks
mylesm

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: newbie looking for hybrid
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 09:15:33 PM »
Hiya,

I have a hybrid HS model, so mine doesn't have the panoramic roof, also mine has a few more miles, but has been absolutely faultless, so all I can suggest is look at the service book, there should have been ANNUAL services, in 2012, 2013 and possibly 2014 (or its due one).

Many of the Jazzs have elderly owners so check for panel damage :) and enjoy it, when prodded the hybrids go well.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 07:57:04 AM »
As an HS owner I would comment that I had hoped for better overall mpg than I've achieved - only around 10% better than the non-hybrid version I previously drove. I suspect this is caused by (i) the Jazz's shape not being very aerodynamic so wind resistance is a significant factor (ii) while the CVT gearbox is very smooth it also loses some energy and (iii) the battery capacity is small and my car doesn't like using the bottom half of its capacity (probably to improve its life expectancy).

However, the IMA system does give a smoother drive with the motor boosting the low end torque and good acceleration if the right pedal is kicked down. I have to comfort myself that this aspect is worth the extra cost. I don't do enough miles (unlike Ozzie) to fuel saving to justify the extra cost. Price differentials will be less with used cars.

Most of our discussion about the Jazz hybrid is at http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?board=102.0.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

mylesm

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 08:02:25 PM »
Thanks for replies I visited my local honda dealer in Dublin today and he gave me a good part exchange against a new 1.4 ES CVT Silver Jazz  so I went for that collect it on Friday so hopefully I will be happy with it  :D :D

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 09:10:32 PM »
"Many of the Jazzs have elderly owners so check for panel damage"
Watch it Qzzie!
Mine has 3 dings and all done by other drivers in car parks.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 09:59:34 AM »
Hiya,

Many of the Jazzs have elderly owners so check for panel damage :) and enjoy it, when prodded the hybrids go well.

Ageist  rubbish. I have not hit another car since last week  :P

Tags: