Author Topic: Boot liner or tidy?  (Read 20203 times)

guest907

Re: Boot liner or tidy?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 01:39:07 AM »
My EX had a plastic type (tailored) liner already fitted by Marshalls. It has the Jazz logo but I don't know if it originates from Honda, It's lipped and can be lifted to get the spacesaver out from under the floor when required and any spills will be retained.

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 07:40:05 AM »
Thanks Top Down and Yern from what you are saying it is semi-flexible, I usually store a child's 'seat base' in the space beneath the boot floor to extracted when required.

So it might be possible to remove the child's seat base without having to remove the boot mat from the car will have to check it out further.

Top Down

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: March 2012 1.4 iVTEC EX - Deep Sapphire Blue
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »
Same boot mat. Yes it can be lifted - but not rolled or folded back.

malcolmgb

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 EX I-MMD CVT Platinum White / 2017 1.3 I-Vtec EX Milano Red - now Sold / 2008 1.4 i-DSi SE Storm Silver - now Sold
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 05:28:54 PM »
Mine is a B&Q Car Boot Protect Liner 1.5m x 1.2m priced at £4.98. Excellent value, excellent fit.
See: http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10278325&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372016}/categories%3C{9372052}/categories%3C{9822018}/specificationsProductType=car_boot_accessories
Is this a flat sheet or does it have sides? the B&Q page just shows a folded sheet.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 06:42:07 PM »

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 11:44:36 PM »

Is this a flat sheet or does it have sides? the B&Q page just shows a folded sheet.

I purchased one from my local B&Q store and it does have sides, there were none on display in the car accessories area of the store but a rather helpful assistant did find some in a cupboard! It is best to check to see if your local store have any in stock via the B&Q website.

When the items barcode was scanned it registered the cost as a £1.00 now that is a bargain.

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 12:07:45 AM »
I`m using the Cannon one: http://www.cannoncarmats.com/BootProtectorShape1-38-d.html.

The Cannon range always get a good write-up in AutoExpress.

I have checked their website and it would appear that they do not do 'fitted' boot mats for specific models only 'cut to fit' ones.

Top Down

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: March 2012 1.4 iVTEC EX - Deep Sapphire Blue
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:37 AM »
I've used the Cannon mats. They last for years. Over 15 years mine had been variously cut to suit a Rover 214Si, BMW Touring and VW Polo. There wasn't much left to cut to fit the Jazz  :D

They were very good but were at the end of their useful life - only because they had been cut about so much. The choice was a new set, or 'tailored' rubber mats. I went for the latter - and genuine Honda, as the Cannon mats didn't have the lip, apart from a small central area on the boot mat that suited 'any car', as they were a universal fit.

I haven't regretted lashing out on the Honda items as the weather has changed for the worse, being grey, mizzly and wet. They've already paid for themselves to my mind, when you see the amount of mud, grit and wet leaves they've saved from getting on the carpets, no matter how careful we've been about wiping our feet, or changing shoes when we could.

Oh - and I've also got a generic 'full load bay' liner in my arsenal for trips to the tip with the back seats down.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:18:19 AM by Top Down »

guest4925

• Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »

I purchased one from my local B&Q store and it does have sides, there were none on display in the car accessories area of the store but a rather helpful assistant did find some in a cupboard! It is best to check to see if your local store have any in stock via the B&Q website.

When the items barcode was scanned it registered the cost as a £1.00 now that is a bargain.
[/quote]
display barcode in .jsp file

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2014, 02:24:11 PM »
display barcode in .jsp file

I have one of these and it's very useful, if the worst happens then it's only a quid to replace it!
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
I use an office carpet cut-off.  It had the advantage of being free and I cut it with a sharp knife so it fits the boot.  Then I can take it out and shake out the dust and anything else.  It is about 3mm thick and charcoal and has a pebbled finish
If music be the food of love, play on

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 01:04:57 PM »
What are you going to do when they notice the Jazz boot shaped hole in your office carpet ?

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
Bought one of these, fits the boot perfectly plus has a good size lip to prevent any spillage/leakage and comes with a lift out carpet insert.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004M35SZ8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0XYQ2XP2TDKQ3FSG3XZY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455333147&pf_rd_i=468294

Tags: