Author Topic: Automatic Gearbox Issues...  (Read 55566 times)

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Automatic Gearbox Issues...
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 09:08:26 PM »
@comrog

Thanks for the info. I'm sort of in the same boat myself, but was prepared for it. Car bought last month from an independent dealer with 34k on the clock. Two Honda dealer stamps, two indy garage stamps and a final stamp from the selling dealer in the service book (possibly a makey-uppy one). No transmission service stamps.

Doesn't judder when cold. When warm, it does. Done 1k on it since. Got 8 litres of oil and going to do a flush of the transmission when I get a day off when it's NOT raining! I'll see how I get on with that and if push comes to shove, I'll just do the starter clutch myself. Yes, I could of took it back up the road, but I'd rather do it myself, then I know it's been done.

What I have noticed is that there seems to be a fair bit of drag on the clutch when on the brake and in D (and would prefer if it didn't creep.) Anything more that a short stop and I put it in Neutral. I'm sure the short distance/frequent stops are giving the clutch a hard life. Certainly under those usage condition it would be advisable to change the transmission oil more frequently.

I've haven't seen the UK service bulletin, but I have seen the US bulletin on the same SWRA transmission, which goes through the procedure.

I'm not sure what seals you are on about, as the clutch is a wet multi-plate clutch and is supposed to run in oil (done a few on motorcycles where they are very common). I see in the SB mention of replacing O-rings, I assume they are supplied in the kit of parts.

In reply to Q1, strictly speaking the replacement wouldn't necessarily carry yet another warranty on it, as it is already a warranty replacement. Out-of-warranty goodwill only really stretches to Honda dealer serviced cars as far as I have noted. Whilst you've every right not to do it at a main stealer, the warranty will be applied to the letter.

In reply to Q2, I expect so, but I'm going to do some digging around to find out what exactly has been modified.

@chrisdtwyman

Sorry to hear about your transmission woes. As noted above, I wouldn't expect any help to be on offer outside of the warranty period. If you get any, consider it a bonus. All you can do is flush & burn and see. The secondhand box might well be newer, or it could be older. Either way I wouldn't have thought it covered, even if it were newer.

The door switch was not inconsequential. It was a potential fire hazard and an infant died because of it. Manufacturers will only issue a safety recall for those defects which have the potential to cause serious injury.

N.John R

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Automatic CVT 2006
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 10:29:50 PM »
Did you ever get this sorted?

mehul

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz CVT 2007 model
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 03:34:26 PM »
Hello anybody got a solution to this. I have same problem on my CVT 2007 Jazz.

Tags:

anything