Author Topic: Both remotes suddenly not working  (Read 3818 times)

guest4910

Both remotes suddenly not working
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:42:25 PM »
I drive a honda Jazz 1.5 Vtech 2006 which came with two working remotes.  Bought the car new and I've been driving around problem-free since 2006.  Three days ago both remotes suddenly stopped working and now I have to use the key in the lock.  The remotes only lock/unlock the doors.  No alarm or immobiliser.  I have two key fobs each with an ignition key with the built-in remote lock and unlock buttons.

I've tried the reprogramming given on other threads on this forum but there's just no response.  Could it be my receiver that's packed up?  It seems so.  Hope not.   :(

Any other suggestions?  I even tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.  No luck.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Both remotes suddenly not working
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 01:20:18 PM »
Try fresh batteries and re-sync them.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 04:35:58 PM »
I had a similar problem with a key in a seven year old Jazz where the same key out of two was used all the time and every day.
The battery was replaced and the problem solved without resynching the key.

I forget where I got the instructions for changing the battery from but they did warn that you had a certain time to replace the battery before resynching was required.

Be warned that the screw that holds the key fob together is small and the correct screwdriver is critical otherwise it's no harder than changing a watch battery.

Vic.

guest4910

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »
Thankx VicW and Eddie Honda.  Would you believe that BOTH batteries conked in at the same time.  Silly me.  I didn't even notice that the red LED wasn't lighting up.  Now they are and both remotes are fully functional.

... and it was just like changing a watch battery.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 11:50:14 PM »
Different car, but this amazed me - my daughter commented that the indicators were going mad when she locked her Mitsubishi Colt.   Turns out the car knows when the key-fob battery is running low and flashes the indicators 8 times instead of the usual 3.  That's pretty clever!

Tags: