Author Topic: Chasing the ECO light is fun  (Read 1699 times)

guest6764

Chasing the ECO light is fun
« on: May 17, 2017, 08:46:42 PM »
Having a right laugh seeing how many miles per gallon I can extract from my wife's newly acquired 2014 42k miles auto.  Frequent feathering of throttle, forever clicking gear paddle to ensure I'm in 7th & never exceeding 40, with the very very occasional burst to 45mph.  It does mean of course that I'm conforming to the image of most jazz drivers who dither & drive slowly.   Don't believe me?  Try living in any south coast town over populated by the elderly who if not driving a Jazz are using mobility scooters.
Actually I love the car fitted with every extra imaginable & with the full length glass roof it's like driving a conservatory. It makes my own very expensive German sports car look basic, so all credit to Honda.    BTW my Honda S2000 purchased new in 2006 was as well built as any Germanic machine. 
So the best MPG on the Jazz to date?  51.9. 
As I doubt I can better that or indeed wish to, I promise to drive with a little more verve, not too much though!!!

guest6436

• Topic Starter
Re: Chasing the ECO light is fun
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 03:39:15 AM »
Congrats, however you can do much better tho :D I could get 65mpg from mk1 easily ;)

Tags:

anything