Author Topic: Which phones do work with Mirrorlink?  (Read 2823 times)

guest6862

Which phones do work with Mirrorlink?
« on: May 17, 2017, 06:47:01 PM »
Hi, research has suggested no hope of mirrorlink working with my Android 6.0 phone. So tried an older S3 with Android 4... That doesn't work either.

Is there a known combination that does work?

Thanks

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Which phones do work with Mirrorlink?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 07:40:08 PM »
A Galaxy S7 Edge can talk to the infotainment unit but the infotainment gives an error message and the phone screen just goes black. Something about different protocol versions although I read somewhere that the newer version of Mirrorlink on my phone was going to support the older protocol used by the infotainment unit soon.

Some info here.

But it boils down to the usual stories: Hardware manufacturers (Honda) don't understand software and car manufacturers (Honda) still haven't got to grips with modern technology. The infotainment unit runs on a version of Android that was a couple of years out of date the day the car was put on sale.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:58:46 AM by andruec »

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Which phones do work with Mirrorlink?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 10:35:53 PM »
Try this:
http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones

Although that may not be the whole story, I think I remember seeing reports from people with phones on the list who  still couldn't get it to work. As far as I can tell, there seems to be a hardware dependency so it doesn't matter which version of Android you have: if your phone manufacturer hasn't bought in to the Mirrorlink consortium, then it's not going to work.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:41:02 AM by ColinB »

Tags: