Author Topic: New Honda Jazz  (Read 4276 times)

Tom

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk3 Navi EX
New Honda Jazz
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:18:55 PM »
Hello, just collected a new Jazz EX Navi, my first Jazz and first Honda.  Replaces a Nissan Note.  Very impressed so far, though only driven 13 miles in it.  Thank you to all the posts on the forum - been very useful for getting to know the car prior to purchase.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: New Honda Jazz
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:22:11 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Glad to hear we helped prior to purchase.

guest6630

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 09:58:28 AM »
Hi Tom , l too have an EX Navi. Will be interested to see how you get on with it in the coming weeks/months if you keep.the forum up to date.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 03:56:48 PM »
Hello and welcome  8)

Tom

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 09:36:35 PM »
Ok, as requested, a report after a few weeks ownership.

In general, very pleased with the car.  Compared with the Nissan Note (latest version) we had previously it feels like a bigger car, even though, in length, it is marginally shorter.  Not sure why, possibly a more rigid body and better sound insulation gives it more of a big car feel.

Have on street parking outside our home, so need to parallel park.  This is very easy with the Jazz due to the light steering, good visibility and rear camera.

Found the 'change-up' change down' indicator arrows (it is manual car) more 'bossy' than I am used to and surprising in their commands - being told to change up to 6th when only doing 30 is unexpected!  However overtime as I get used to the car and it is characteristics I expect I will be able to pre-empt changes much better.   As others have said, really have to change down to wake the engine up when needing to accelerate quickly, for example when overtaking, but the power is there over 3000 revs or so.

Also as other people on this forum have noted, I found the automatic speed limiter less than perfect - it thinks the national speed limit is unlimited rather than 60mph on a single carriageway and it seems to forget the speed on occasion.  Plus when starting a journey in a town, it may be a long time before it 'sees' the first 30 sign.  Fortunately the manual limiter works simply, more-or-less the same way as it does on the Note.  Shame can't manually override when in automatic mode until it detects a fresh sign.  Talking of speed, I like the large prominent speedometer on the Jazz.  Note had a very visible speedometer as well, but I quite often have hire cars through work and it is surprising how many other cars are incredibly poor in this respect - with the speed often being obscured by the steering wheel or otherwise difficult to read quickly.

Biggest gripe and it is not a big issue in the scheme of things, is that the sat nav (have an EX Navi)  will not show distance to go and the time to go/estimated arrival time together.  All other sat navs I have used do this.  It is possible to change between the two sets of information, but it takes a few button presses, so not something would want to do when driving.  Still at least the maps can be updated for free - on the Nissan the cost was so high even the main dealer advised against it!

That's it for now.

Tom

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 09:00:40 AM »

Biggest gripe and it is not a big issue in the scheme of things, is that the sat nav (have an EX Navi)  will not show distance to go and the time to go/estimated arrival time together.  All other sat navs I have used do this.  It is possible to change between the two sets of information, but it takes a few button presses, so not something would want to do when driving.

You can change what information is shown on the navigation dashboard. This can add more items.

Have a look at page 17 of the Honda Connect FAQ downloaded from the below link.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-connect-faq.html

Tom

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 09:57:08 PM »
Thanks for the info, Steve.

Followed the page 17 of the info you provided and found by going to settings, dashboard and then pressing the right hand side arrow I could change the navigation display to one with a number of pieces of information on the bottom including, when a route is set, the display of both the distance to go and estimated time of arrival together - which is exactly what I wanted.

So thanks, very pleased that my most significance issue with the car has now been resolved!

Also used the magic seats for the first time this weekend to carry some wood - impressed with how easy they are to use and the amount of flat space that they provide when folded.

Tags:

anything