Author Topic: Mark up on new cars  (Read 3539 times)

guest5079

Mark up on new cars
« on: February 14, 2017, 02:36:59 PM »
Being an old fart I am a member of my previous occupation's retirement organisation.  I am being a bit coy as I do not know if this is a general thing.
I have never heard of Motorfinity before but it seems they deal with organistions such as mine and offer deals between customer and dealer. All normal facilities are available like finance, P/X etc. Does NOT affect the warranty.
On offer : CR-V L6DSE list £26,650 offer price £21,695 nearly £5000 off. Civic 1.6D sport hatch  list £21,395 offer price £17,895 nearly £3,500 off. No wonder the dealer that sold me my Jazz can give me free coffee while I wait.
Perhaps the reason is the magic 'D' and Honda are trying to shift them quick.  I looked up Motorfinity and they offer these sort of discounts to all sorts of organisations. Whichever way you look at it they are still hefty discounts.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Mark up on new cars
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 05:12:40 PM »
I used to get decent discounts off Vauxhalls, (20% off) but then just about everyone did who had a job, or was in a union.

Back in 2011, I tried to get a discount off my Jazz, much to no avail. However I recently looked online at www.carwow.co.uk and got offered £3000 off a new Jazz, not that I am changing just yet.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 01:57:03 PM »
We got chunky discounts on both our Jazz's.   I always look up prices on DriveTheDeal and then try and get the dealer as close as possible.

Used CarWow to buy a VW last year and was very impressed.  The dealers who quote seem very keen to get your business - different than just going into the showroom where they don't seem very interested in selling you a car.

guest6436

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 06:36:53 PM »
another trick is getting the quotes on carwow, and than sending all the dealers  message who made you the offers on carwow - saying that the such and such dealer has offered you such price ( can be made up!) and ask if they can beat it.
Just out of interest I did this, took the lowest price someone offered and deducated £500 off of that, and asked if someone can beat it- and you can imagine the result of course ;)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 11:21:59 PM »
+1 for carwow, also for near new look at Motorpoint again good deals in the past.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 05:51:28 PM »
another trick is getting the quotes on carwow, and than sending all the dealers  message who made you the offers on carwow - saying that the such and such dealer has offered you such price ( can be made up!) and ask if they can beat it.
Just out of interest I did this, took the lowest price someone offered and deducated £500 off of that, and asked if someone can beat it- and you can imagine the result of course ;)

£500 is a lot in a new car these days.  I tried similar with a remote dealer with our VW purchase and they just came back and said they couldn't do it.   They're all buying from the same source and they know the discounts / bonuses available.   The quotes from six dealers came back remarkably similar.

You might be really lucky and find a dealer struggling to meet their target so will take a hit to get another sale, but that's usually done face-to-face so they're sure of getting your order.

Tags: