Author Topic: AC Really noisy when working?  (Read 3600 times)

guest6436

AC Really noisy when working?
« on: December 23, 2016, 08:55:23 PM »
Good day Sirs, I'm just wondering if this is normal when the AC gets turned on it gets really loud? as In the AC system itself start to sound like an Old Russian diesel truck when it's under load , it's not that bad when you are inside but when you turn it on and listen to it from outside it feels like some kind of diesel tractor mumbling.
the AC itself works just fine,actually very good I must say but just the sound it makes...

Is this normal on Jazz or this can be somehow ''fixed'' ?

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: AC Really noisy when working?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 04:01:21 PM »
too much gas in the system can cause noise (and damage the pump) - suggest you get it checked out in case someone has overfilled the system.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

CRC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 1.4 SE Manual
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 10:34:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure you have the same problem that I have, and that's a noisy electro magnetic clutch assembly that locks the belt driven pulley onto the shaft of the A/C compressor.

The clutch assembly complete has a ridiculous list price in excess of £340, but I think I got lucky today and bought a genuine one for £60 online from a Honda dealer that was presumably getting rid of old stock. They even emailed me asking for the registration number to check that the part numbers matched.

Am hoping it will get rid of that horrible rattling noise at tickover when the compressor and fan cut in. Time will tell

CRC

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 12:54:35 PM »
Just to confirm that the new clutch did cure the problem, but not sure why as the old one looked OK, just a little rusty on the faces. Will investigate further

guest6436

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 06:49:32 PM »
can you possibly give link to the part?
I have had 2 Jazzes and for both of them the AC is just insanely noisy, just wondering is there really any problem with them or that's just how it is?

CRC

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 06:06:06 PM »
The part number for mine was PFKL564809 (£365) and can be found on the Lings Honda website at the link below.

I think I just got lucky that a Honda dealer in Devon was selling off some old stock.

The bearing was fine on the old one, but the "pull in friction plate" must have been rattling for some reason.

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk?block_01=17SAA01&block_02=B__5700&block_03=20082&block_05=hcr

guest6981

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 10:02:14 PM »
Thanks for the useful info on that CRC and I hope it helps me too.

Tags: