Author Topic: Autoglym Rapid Auto Wax  (Read 11501 times)

guest5079

Autoglym Rapid Auto Wax
« on: October 06, 2015, 02:56:01 PM »
A sign of old age is being sure you have read something but can't remember where.
At the moment this is very applicable as I am sure that I have read somewhere about this Autoglym product on Club Jazz.
I bit the bullet and bought some.
I was a little concerned about the instruction of not drying the car but just spraying it on and wiping it over, where does all the water go? Well it does, somewhere the water disappears as you spray on the gubbins. A rub over with the second cloth and he presto a gleaming Honda Jazz.
Also the paintwork felt silky smooth.
Well worth the money.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
Re: Autoglym Rapid Auto Wax
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:44:08 PM »
Seconded! 

I wash with Autoglym shampoo. Rinse, then dry off with Autoglym Aqua Wax.

Lovely, sparkly finish!  :D

Was this the post? http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7291.msg33221#msg33221  See final post, by peteo48.

David.
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

guest5685

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 08:47:18 PM »
I've never used Auto Glym products, always preferred Maguires car shampoo.
And been very happy with the results.

Now, as the bottle is almost empty I may give the Autoglym a go after reading your post.  :)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 10:35:01 PM »
I've been delighted with this product - now called Aqua Wax. You get 2 microfibre cloths with the kit (shame they are both light blue - colour coding for wiping and then buffing would help).

Sceptical at first but really easy to apply and the acid test is how it repels water - the beading effect. It does this really well.

Might not last as long as a dedicated hard or liquid wax but then it is really easy to re-apply.

Smells nice too!

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 10:53:13 AM »
My thanks to Stilldrillin and Peteo48 for their assistance with my old guy memory
 Indeed this was the 'post' that put me onto the Aqua Wax.

guest4312

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 05:51:07 PM »
 :)
Always use autoglym products-ease of application and their HD wax is particularly good !

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 06:57:22 PM »
I've been using a similar product called Demon Shine Spray on Shine. It works on the same principle of spray and wipe on a wet car, no drying required.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 05:25:22 PM »
I've just ordered a lifetime supply of the Autoglym Express Wax http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-5ltr-Express-Wax-with-free-spray-bottle-and-2-Microfibre-cloths-/291469643082?. Comments suggest it is the same as Aqua Wax (of which I'm almost at the end of 0.5 litre).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 04:52:25 PM »
Looks like an excellent buy John. I may get some myself. On detailing world it is said to be exactly the same product. For some reason Autoglym still sell the retail product in a kit with 2 cloths which must cost more.

guest5669

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »
I use AutoGlym Rapid detailer which is just brilliant. I've been detailing cars for over 10 years AutoGlym's products are very good I have to say.

[attachment deleted by admin]

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 03:29:17 PM »
Yes - the Rapid Detailer is good as well and is supposed to leave "a layer of polymeric protection" according to AG's advertising blurb. The advantage of the Aqua Wax is you can use it on a wet car.

I often wonder if you could maintain a decent shine and protection just using these products alone. I do tend to use Autoglym Super Resin Polish from time to time.

guest5669

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 06:32:12 PM »
Yes - the Rapid Detailer is good as well and is supposed to leave "a layer of polymeric protection" according to AG's advertising blurb. The advantage of the Aqua Wax is you can use it on a wet car.

I often wonder if you could maintain a decent shine and protection just using these products alone. I do tend to use Autoglym Super Resin Polish from time to time.

This is one my favourite wax's for the money easy on easy off the shine is excellent on my Perl Black.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEcQFjABahUKEwiVno2Mi9TIAhUEtBQKHYJ-AMs&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleanyourcar.co.uk%2Fwax%2Fpoorboys-nattys-blue-paste-wax%2Fprod_11.html&usg=AFQjCNEZ2Mdw327xhP1kBisK87IA5M4bEQ&sig2=FegacGvcLsFKiEf7oB6jJQ&bvm=bv.105454873,d.bGQ

Tags:

anything