Author Topic: Car Wash Liquid?  (Read 8541 times)

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
Car Wash Liquid?
« on: August 23, 2015, 09:06:50 AM »
When my new Jazz arrived, I hadn't actually washed a car, for several years........

Within the first week, I washed and polished, with Autoglym products.

It looked so good, I had to take a pic........

Since then, there is a bloom on the surface, which is there after each wash.  :(  Probably, the "added wax", in the wash liquid? 

I used to use a car wash liquid, without additives. Can't seem to find any nowadays.

The question is. What do you guys use, for washing your Jazzes?

David.
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
Re: Car Wash Liquid?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:29:48 AM »
Hi, I use Tustle Wax Extreme Nano Tech wash and wax ,I bought from Halfords it was in half gallon and gallon containers ,never noticed a bloom after washing and I use Auto Glymm polish

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 10:19:27 AM »
Had my wifes Jazz (White Orchid Pearl) and my Urban Titanium Civic 'Diamond'  treated when we bought them and I find a good wash with rainwater is more than adequate  :D  after yesterdays thunderstorms both cars look fabulous - and it's free !  Also takes no time at all = more time for Golf and riding my motorbike, although I never willingly do either when mother nature is providing rain to wash my car for me.

A couple of my  neighbours are car cleaning nuts - and the street is often covered in bubbles which wash down the drains and pollute our rivers,  I have great respect for for fish and other creatures who have no option but to live in these rivers, so I am actually being very 'green' by not washing cars with man-made chemicals.  Also saving the pollution that happens when these products (detergent and waxes) are manufactured.

Life is too short to peel mushrooms and polish cars.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:01:18 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4324

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:58:04 AM »
I only ever use water and afterwards dry it with a leather because our water is very hard and the car would be white when dry! It's not allowed to wash your car with soap here and let it go down the road drains because as Culzean says the fish and frogs and all the animals that eat them don't like it!  :(
See my gallery photos for the shine!  8)

guest4078

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 12:19:14 AM »
You look a bit young for a Jazz?  :-*

I'm lazy so I use Optimum No Rinse, does a great 'green' job for me.

Dayjo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 08:56:28 PM »
Thanks for your comments, Guys!

Seems car paintwork, and washing technique has moved on, and left me behind......  ::)

"A bit young", Interlock? Thanks!!  ;)

We have a water meter. So, I've ordered a bottle of Optimum. We'll see how I get on......

David.
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 04:38:17 PM »
A product I've tried recently is Autoglym Aqua wax - you wash your car as per normal but don't dry. Spray 2 to 3 squirts of this per panel and wipe with a microfibre cloth (included). This dries the car as well. You then buff off with another microfibre (also provided).

Adds Carnuba wax apparently. I must say water beads really well afterwards.

On pollution, I think I am right in saying it is illegal to wash your car in the drive in Germany. You either have to go to the car wash or to a dedicated site where the rinse water is disposed of through the main sewer system.

I try to minimise the effect by only using a small amount of car shampoo.

Tags:

anything