Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Clicking noise
« Last post by culzean on June 22, 2017, 06:34:32 PM »
Does the same noise happen when you go forward after reversing ? If so could be a lower engine / gearbox mounting where rubber has failed and is allowing movement.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Clicking noise
« Last post by finn_mccool on June 22, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »
Evening all.

Noticed a new noise from my Jazz which I assume is going to end up costing me money.

When I change gear to reverse, after finding the biting point and increasing the revs, there is a loud audible click from under the car, and it sounds like it's located more towards the nearside.

This only really happens when starting to reverse (e.g. reversing off the road on to the driveway), and only happens the once.  It seems to be when the engine has picked up the load.

Any thoughts?
This page give you some information about your SSD navigation unit, it is a accessory navigation as 2008-2015 Jazz did not come with factory installed navigation.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/navi-manuals.html

Download that document "Honda SSD Navigation System Troubleshooting guide" it show the connector No 6 for reversing camera.
Hello the part number for the navigation unit  I have is 08A402N6400
Also some pictures of the unit (if the upload goes ok)

I decided not to go down the parking camera route in the end as there are no connections on the back of the unit to allow a standard camera plug.  I didn't want to drill holes in the bumper so I bought a number plate holder which has just three parking sensors which is fine as an aid.   I phoned up Honda in Croydon (Brighton Road) and found them to be very unhelpful and made me feel like my 2011 car was some old banger and too past it to find out what parts can be fitted.  I wanted to find out about my cars usb socket but they sounded like they didn't have the time for me. 

Anyway I will sort it all out somehow.

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Misting up windscreen
« Last post by Jocko on June 22, 2017, 10:22:02 AM »
You can buy those bags specifically made for car demisting with up to a kilo of silica gel in them.
Just ordered two. Amazon, for under a tenner.
« Last post by MikeG1944 on June 22, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »
Hi

We use an old trick to keep moisture to a minimum

You leave in the car those bags that come with goods which take the moisture out

We have a couple of large bags which seem to help, but I do not think we suffer with moisture in our jazz yet anyway

Many thanks

John

You can buy those bags specifically made for car demisting with up to a kilo of silica gel in them. Been using them for a few years now and can't remember the last time either of our cars misted up. :)

Mike.
« Last post by Jocko on June 21, 2017, 10:15:31 PM »
I used to find that on a humid day I would get misting on the outside of the windscreen when the air con was on and the system set to demist. At first I thought it was on the inside but the wipers would shift it!
Personally I have never found any of my cars particularly airtight. Draughts on a cold winter morning prove that.
In Scotland, setting your Climate Control to 16C would see the heating on, for about 98% of the year!!
« Last post by d2d4j on June 21, 2017, 09:33:46 PM »
Hi

We use an old trick to keep moisture to a minimum

You leave in the car those bags that come with goods which take the moisture out

We have a couple of large bags which seem to help, but I do not think we suffer with moisture in our jazz yet anyway

Many thanks

John
« Last post by culzean on June 21, 2017, 09:30:03 PM »
My Volvo automatically shut the air con off if you set it to recirc. I have my doubts that using recirc would have any effect on sending you to sleep though. For tens of years cars ONLY had recirc heating systems. However it certainly can cause the glass to mist up. You always carried a cloth or sponge in said old cars, to keep wiping the screen. And stick on double glazing to keep the rear screen clear!

http://worldclassautoservice.com/use-cars-recirculation-button/

quote from a study in USA

The consistent recommendation from each of these studies has been to roll up your windows and use the setting to recirculate the air in your car when you are in heavy traffic or stopping frequently at red lights.26,27 Exposure with the windows open was more than six times greater than for pedestrians at a three or four way intersection.

While shutting the windows and recirculating the air in your car is important to reduce air pollution, in newer and more air tight cars you may experience a build-up of carbon dioxide. The car may begin to feel "stuffy" when two or more people are breathing the same air for an extended period of time.

Too much carbon dioxide in the car may also increase your experience of drowsiness, fatigue, confusion, headache and sleepiness.28 These are dangerous symptoms to experience while driving a car. To prevent this from happening, researchers recommend you pull in outside air for one to two minutes every 10 to 15 minutes to facilitate air exchange, while still minimizing over exposure to air pollution.29

Actually,  when weather is hot most cars will automatically switch to recirculate if you have auto climate control selected until the temperature inside the car reduces,  and if you choose 16 degrees (min temp on most cars) and it is 30 degrees outside it may stay on recirculate (whether there is a bleed of say 10% fresh air into system is another thing - but I assume there is,  modern cars are so airtight that if there was no fresh air bleed it could cause CO2 buildup especially with a car full of people).  Recirculating air means that the car AC system only has to deal with a car full of air and not keep sucking in hot air from outside the car and cooling new air all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything