Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Idle stop, on or off?
« Last post by andruec on May 17, 2017, 07:47:19 PM »
How much are replacement batteries for the Jazz? It was 50 for my last Jazz and since it lasted the entire four+ years I owned the vehicle doesn't sound very expensive. Of course if you can make a battery last longer then good for you and good for the environment. It just sounds like too much hassle to me if you're triggering warnings from the vehicle by doing it.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Anybody help on faulty tyre deflation warning light
« Last post by andruec on May 17, 2017, 07:44:31 PM »
Both of my alert experiences were valid. One was an under inflation the other was me forgetting to reset it after replacing worn tyres.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Facelift
« Last post by andruec on May 17, 2017, 07:42:05 PM »
I can't tell from the photos if the touch screen is gone. Fingers crossed.
Looks to be there to me. Anyway, it's not that bad. It'd be nice if they could restore the buttons for cabin environment on the EX but otherwise I don't see the problem with it.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Which phones do work with Mirrorlink?
« Last post by andruec on May 17, 2017, 07:40:08 PM »
A Galaxy S7 Edge can talk to the infotainment unit but the infotainment gives an error message and the phone screen just goes black. Something about different protocol versions although I read somewhere that the newer version of Mirrorlink on my phone was going to support the older protocol used by the infotainment unit soon.

Some info here.

But it boils down to the usual stories: Hardware manufacturers (Honda) don't understand software and car manufacturers (Honda) still haven't got to grips with modern technology. The infotainment unit runs on a version of Android that was a couple of years out of date the day the car was put on sale.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Which phones do work with Mirrorlink?
« Last post by Wilson7 on May 17, 2017, 06:47:01 PM »
Hi, research has suggested no hope of mirrorlink working with my Android 6.0 phone. So tried an older S3 with Android 4... That doesn't work either.

Is there a known combination that does work?

Thanks
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: AC Really noisy when working?
« Last post by CRC on May 17, 2017, 06:06:06 PM »
The part number for mine was PFKL564809 (365) and can be found on the Lings Honda website at the link below.

I think I just got lucky that a Honda dealer in Devon was selling off some old stock.

The bearing was fine on the old one, but the "pull in friction plate" must have been rattling for some reason.

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk?block_01=17SAA01&block_02=B__5700&block_03=20082&block_05=hcr
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: whos still on their original exhaust?
« Last post by CRC on May 17, 2017, 05:55:15 PM »
My 53 plate 76k 1.4 developed a very sudden extremely loud noise the other day when my wife was driving to work. A quick check showed that the middle section had completely parted company with the first expansion box, hence the racket.

Took it to a local tyre /exhaust place who quoted 85 to replace the middle section, so left it with them, but the next day got a phone call saying that they didn't want to touch it as they had taken a look at the state of the bolts connecting the middle section to the cat flange and were basically "chickening out", worrying that I wouldn't be too happy at shelling out for a new cat ... and they were probably right.

He seemed to think that all it needed was to be re-welded and recommended a guy with a small workshop who turned out to be excellent at his job. We both took a look and I was very surprised to find that the metal was still bright on the inside, and that effectively it was the weld that had cracked rather than the pipe that had rotted out.

A quick dressing with a grinder and 20 minutes with a mig welder resulted in a very quiet exhaust again, with a much bigger weld fillet to stop it happening again.

He also knew exactly how to get the flange bolts sorted if it needed doing in the future, but reckoned that the exhaust was good for a few years yet, and having seen the good condidtion of the metal once the light surface rust is brushed off, I tend to agree with him.

There's no doubt that Honda original exhausts are quality items ..... 14 years old and still strong.

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Honda Jazz MOT common advisories and failure items
« Last post by VicW on May 17, 2017, 03:42:17 PM »
Measuring pad thickness for an MoT is made more difficult by the fact that wheels are not removed during an MoT test.
Trying to see through the wheels makes it difficult to estimate pad life so testers tend to err on the safety side.

Vic.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Steering Rack for 2006 Honda Jazz SE 1339 CC
« Last post by Jocko on May 17, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »
Just because it was registered in 2006 doesn't mean it was built in 2006. It could easily have been built in 2005 (or even earlier). Cars are built and stockpiled. Once delivered to a dealer they can wait a while before being sold. You can pick up a pre-facelift model cheaper than the latest model if you are happy enough to settle for last year's car.
Hybrid / Re: Air Conditioning Compressor Failure
« Last post by Ozzie on May 17, 2017, 02:39:56 PM »
Personal situation has changed a bit, so I am working more hours, so I need to get the air con sorted. Its going in to a local highly recommended garage tomorrow, new compressor (non-Honda), fit and re-gas, 637 all in, and I can walk back home too.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything