Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Headlights
« Last post by jazzway on October 15, 2017, 03:29:23 PM »
You are completely right, Culzean, those LEDs you have bought are good, i don't doubt on that! But it is like i wrote in post #52, aftermarket. The law says using LEDs external in a light unit for halogen is not road legal. Is that a stupid law? Maybe.

And although i am not drawing attention to myself in driving or hanging out on car parkings, i don't take the risk. Police here in the south of the Netherlands has regularly other priorities than catching real criminals or idiots on the road.

Maybe with the GD Jazz, which is what i have heard a PIA to change a bulb, i would consider to take the risk with LEDs because they live much longer. However with the GG model we have it is as much as 5 minutes work.

The Osram Night Breakers (Unlimited and Laser) halogen bulbs are giving excellent white light, with the Lasers even brighter, whiter and a longer beam. And if that means that with our kilometrage the bulbs lifespan is about 2 years and that costs me 22 (20), so be it.
For Sale and Wanted (including ebay) / Roof bars and box wanted
« Last post by chrisv on October 15, 2017, 02:25:15 PM »
Hi,
Anyone selling a roof box and bars to fit a 2011 jazz cvt.
Chris
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by Jocko on October 15, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
Today I had a trip over to the south side of Edinburgh. Being a Sunday morning, the roads were reasonably quiet. I managed to get in behind a couple of HGVs at parts of my return journey (careful to keep a safe distance back), which helped push the air aside.
Here is the information for today's trip, as computed by my ScanGauge E:
Average mpg: 65.1 mpg
Max coolant temp: 84C
Distance travelled: 86.7 miles
Maximum revs: 2957 rpm
Max speed: 56 mph
Average speed: 35 mph

Pretty pleased about that.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Headlights
« Last post by Jocko on October 15, 2017, 01:27:17 PM »
I find my GD headlights excellent. They are actually better than the four light system on my S20.

« Last post by TG on October 15, 2017, 01:14:57 PM »
I think this only becomes an issue if you make an issue of yourself, by driving like an idiot or hanging out in car parks on a Saturday night or otherwise drawing attention to yourself.  But the dazzling car behind me this week (over bright lights with a sharp cut off that made it look a full beam flash over every bump plus DRL's still on at 11pm) was asking to be pulled over.  After encouraging it to overtake me I could not even read the number plate as it's LEDs were too bright so it was just washed out in two pools of light.  Was a 10+ year old Vectra so definitely not type approved for LEDs.

There is something to be said for improving a Mk1/GD headlight, but I'm not certain that LEDS are it; they have their place, like my trailer where vibration destroys filaments and Jazz rear lamp wiring is minimum size and not designed for double the expected load.

I have only changed one bulb in 15 years - the rear cabin light when the end fell off.
--
TG
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Best rust treatment?
« Last post by Lat0r on October 15, 2017, 01:10:31 PM »
ok, thanks for the advice     

I will get the paint and get my hands dirty soon :)   again
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Best rust treatment?
« Last post by Jocko on October 15, 2017, 12:55:26 PM »
You can sand it lightly. but leave it rusty. The Kurust only works on rusted metal, not clean metal. If you remove all rust you can just prime it and paint it without rust treatment. You cannot sand AFTER Kurust treatment. Just prime and paint.
« Last post by Jocko on October 15, 2017, 12:51:15 PM »
But what the regulations actually states is that the light unit must be certified for the use of LEDs to be legal, not just the LED bulb in it! What that means is, every vehicle you see on the road, where the owner has fitted LED number plate lights or sidelights, technically fail Whole Vehicle Type Approval and as such are no longer covered by insurance! That is something that would take a team of lawyers forever to sort out.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Engine mounts knocking
« Last post by Lat0r on October 15, 2017, 12:41:41 PM »
I had a similar problem, cornering or heavier breaking caused a weird squeaking sound, like rubber slides on rubber.

After lifting and checking the underneath, I found both of the suspension arm rubber bushes badly worn, changing them made all the problems go away...
New Members / Re: My new Jazz
« Last post by RichardA on October 15, 2017, 12:15:15 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything