Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Bubbles on alloy wheels
« Last post by daveyboy on Today at 11:01:35 AM »
Sky the sport has black alloys coating have you found them easy to clean and robust.
New Members / Re: Jazz number 1 today
« Last post by daveyboy on Today at 10:49:41 AM »
Hi folk.
I will be picking up my new Jazz Sport Navi this morning. Pretty excited! Looking forward to conversations, I have been a reader on the forum for a while, thought it appropriate to join today.

Hi what colour have you chose and is it a manual or cvt mine is due on friday 29th.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Can't engage cruise control - 2012 1.4EXi
« Last post by chrisd68 on Today at 10:22:10 AM »
Hi All

Looking for some advice.  The cruise control of our 2012 Jazz 1.4 EXi won't engage.  If I press the master cruise switch I get the green CRUISE MAIN indicator on the dashboard.  However, when I press the SET/DECEL rocker switch the CRUISE CONTROL indicator just flashes on and then goes off again and cruise control doesn't engage.  Please can anyone give me some ideas as to what the cause may be?

Car drives fine
No warning lights
Car did have the Honda recall for airbag done late last year

Thanks
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 09:33:29 AM »
I don't drive sports cars, but I have never considered that my Mk 1 has excessive body roll and the Mk 3 I had on loan was not significantly different (though I didn't throw it around as much as I do my own). I find it about average for the saloons I have owned, and considerably better than my Volvo S40. Modern saloons must have come a long way, if the Jazz is now considered poor for body roll.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 09:26:48 AM »
The gallon defined in the Magna Carta is 'eight pounds'. Wine for being more dense than wheat, gives a smaller gallon. This gallon was 216 cu inches, using a Mercantile pound of 15 tower ounces, but became larger as larger pounds were used. The wine gallon in troy pounds gives 230.4 cu inches.

The Guildhall representation is 224 cu in, but described as a cylinder seven inches in diameter and six inches high. This gives 230.9 cu inches, but rounded to 231 cu inches.

There were other gallons, such as the beer and ale gallon, which is 282 cu inches, the corn gallon of 268.8025 cu inches, etc. The US uses the corn gallon as the basis of a corn bushel, the bushel being a cylinder 18 inches in diameter, and eight inches deep.

The USA declared independence in 1776 and won that in 1783. This means that they did not get the reforms of 1820, enacted in the Imperial Weights and Measures Act.

This act abolished all old gallons, and introduced a new gallon, represented by ten pounds of water, at 62F against brass weights in air. This is the imperial gallon, initially set at 277.274 cu inches, but the 1899 calibration caused it to be 277.420 cu inches.

So the US and UK originally used the same gallon, then we changed ours.
It could be the driver's door switch or the cable that runs to it. I had a problem with an old Civic back in 2008. I would park up to get the train each morning locking the car with the remote fob. Sometimes when I got back I would find it was unlocked. This baffled me and I began to wonder if I was forgetting to lock the car. The mystery was solved one day when opening the driver's door the locks would open and close rapidly at a certain angle. It turned out it was a break in one of the cables running from the door switch through the hinge area to the body of the car. As the car was old simply pulling the fuse for the central locking solved it but I lost my central/remote locking feature.
« Last post by Barcam on Today at 08:05:58 AM »
Hi bar yes the press >:( are a pain in the butt they used to have a japanese bios years ago and when i get my new jazz sport cvt next week i took no notice of any car mags the jazz gets a 5 star crash rating and is a car that the daihatsu yrv turbo 1.3 130ps cvt should have been as it was great in a straight line but really rolled too much round bends.

I think the new suspension settings in the 2018 model much improve handling and much reduce body roll in corners. The car reviewers appear to cut and paste from their old reviews and are still talking about body roll.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?
« Last post by Barcam on Today at 08:01:56 AM »
What annoys me is that us is still operating in non metric gallons and its cheap we are well ripped off in uk.

I never understood why US gallons were smaller UK gallons.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Anti - Freeze
« Last post by sparky Paul on Today at 12:24:31 AM »
Best to change on the correct intervals.

Checking the specific gravity tells you if the antifreeze properties are okay, but not the corrosion inhibitors, which are used up in time. Antifreeze should be completely renewed generally every 2, 5 or 10 years, depending upon the type used.

That said, if the history was unknown but the antifreeze looked clean, and the sg was good, I wouldn't worry too much for now. If it looked opaque and smelled of old antifreeze, or the sg indicated low antifreeze content, I would probably change it.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Engine mounting stud broken
« Last post by sparky Paul on Today at 12:12:52 AM »
Is that the only bit of the stud that is accessible? Drilling it out will not be easy due to the casting being soft.

Can you (or a helpful friend) place a nut about the same size on the broken stud and weld inside through to the broken stud? The heat from the weld will help crack the corrosion in the thread. Wait for it to cool for a short while before having a wiggle at it. Once it's out, you can check the thread.

You might struggle to remove the stud otherwise, the thread will probably be corroded due to dissimilar metals.

Failing that, a trip to the scrappers is in order.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything