Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
New Members / Re: New boy alert!
« Last post by RichardA on February 22, 2018, 08:09:58 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)
New Members / Re: *Opens Door into Jazz Club*
« Last post by RichardA on February 22, 2018, 08:08:39 PM »
Hello and welcome Badgerdisco. :)
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: best/cheapest place in the US to get coil packs?
« Last post by culzean on February 22, 2018, 07:16:14 PM »
.... because Italians have never understood electricity
The volt.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Volta

--
TG

Yeah I am an electrical engineer, I know who volta is but that was the high point of Italian involvement with electricity. We have an Italian cooker hood with a thermal cut out that trips as soon as you turn the gas on, and don't mention Ducati electrics..or Fiat ( as I found out to my cost).
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: best/cheapest place in the US to get coil packs?
« Last post by TG on February 22, 2018, 06:33:43 PM »
.... because Italians have never understood electricity
The volt.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Volta

--
TG
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: What's your best advice for a new automatic Jazz
« Last post by Jocko on February 22, 2018, 06:17:14 PM »
The cold weather has destroyed my mpg. Wet roads have a huge impact (even worse of you have wide tyres). Throw wind into the mix and the wee car struggles.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by auntyneddy on February 22, 2018, 05:51:14 PM »
I really do have a problem with these people that come up with such ideas as one fog light to stop them being confused with brake lights. The object of rear fog lights is visibility. I can't see how that can be confused with brake lights even if they are the same wattage as the fog lights because if brake lights are applied there will be an increase in brightness. Besides fog lights should only be used in reduced visibilty.
Monday visibility down to between 50/100 metres. Red van passed me NO lights at all on the rear, the idiot was driving on his DRL's.  Red really shows up in fog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, probably the worst colour. Usual crop of side lights etc.
Another matter taught to me, is wipers. We were taught to use wipers in fog to disperse the moisture off the screen.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Reliability.
« Last post by madasafish on February 22, 2018, 05:49:33 PM »
I had 30 years of company cars. Almost all were brand new and I kept them for 3 years  and did around 60k miles..
Ford: reliable
Volvo : reliable
Audi: not very reliable.
Rover (3 800s over 5 years  no choice): awful. Barely lasted 6 months before another fault..Engines. clutch, exhausts, electrics. POC.
Mercedes: not very reliable.
Then privately :
Jaguar: not very reliable.
BMW: some faults
Audi - not very reliable.
Toyota : 100% reliable.

Honda Jazz (to date) : 100% reliable.

Not much has changed: the unreliable ones then still are. (except Rover  of course)
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Climate Control
« Last post by auntyneddy on February 22, 2018, 05:37:09 PM »
It maybe 20 is a little high more especially with very low temperatures outside. I leave ours on 17 on two bar setting for the fan and IF it does start to mist up just push the 'screen' button in for a few minutes which usually clears the side windows. When the screen button is operated the fan runs at a much higher speed.
I use the recirculation button for a short while on first moving off. This allows the cabin to warm up a bit. Apart from that I leave it all to it's own devices.
« Last post by andruec on February 22, 2018, 04:56:24 PM »
Had my EX CVT for 3 weeks now....done 500 miles (mostly on M5 and60-65mph) and a little disappointed at the real world ( .... yes I write down petrol fill-ups into a spreadsheet......sad) mpg.
I'm getting 42-45mpg....I was getting 55-60 in the manual SE. I'm guessing that the engine is still "tight" ?? and we've had c-c-c-c-cold weather.
Though I thought engines were now "run -in"??
What? That's appalling. I am currently getting around 45mpg (yes, measured pump to pump) from a 25 mile round-trip commute including two miles of rush hour traffic in the evening. On a long motorway run I'd expect over 60mpg. Close to 70mpg in fact. Although I do tend to sit in lane one at around 60mph with the cruise control on.

But cold weather seems to impact the Mk3 more than any other car I've owned. Come summer (if it ever does, please God) I'll expect to return to well over 50mpg on my commute. Typically around 55mpg.
« Last post by Downsizer on February 22, 2018, 04:54:24 PM »
Had my EX CVT for 3 weeks now....done 500 miles (mostly on M5 and60-65mph) and a little disappointed at the real world ( .... yes I write down petrol fill-ups into a spreadsheet......sad) mpg.
I'm getting 42-45mpg....I was getting 55-60 in the manual SE. I'm guessing that the engine is still "tight" ?? and we've had c-c-c-c-cold weather.
Though I thought engines were now "run -in"??
I've had a mk3 cvt for 20,000 miles, after 70,000 in a mk 2 manual.  Fuel consumption has been consistently around 8% better in the Mk3, with a real world lifetime average of 50.4mpg for the same driving pattern.  Cold weather certainly seems to affect
consumption.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything