Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: New Honda Jazz. November 2017
« Last post by auntyneddy on December 13, 2017, 10:46:16 AM »
When Honda were building the second generation Jazz at Swindon, alongside the UK market production line Honda were building a 1.5 engined version for South Africa, what was a bit like rubbing salt in the wound was that it was being fitted with a proper automatic transmission.
As I understand it when this was brought up, the excuse was that the 1.5 engine did not meet EU emissions. Is this new 1.5 a 'new' engine or have they just fudged around with the existing unit.
Also was or is the 1.5 unit available in the Antipodes along with the USA?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Snow test
« Last post by richardfrost on December 13, 2017, 09:07:57 AM »
Winter tyres make all the difference. When I had my MkII I put four on and nothing stopped me.

Don't use the MkI much so not bothered with that one yet.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Gearbox shot.
« Last post by culzean on December 13, 2017, 09:05:11 AM »
Interesting stuff!

Most noisy ball bearings are due to pitting of the outer raceway - once they are damaged, that's it. The only saving grace is that they can run for years making this noise.

Agree,  when my mechanic mate did my wifes GD box he showed me the bearing that had 'failed' - only one is affected.  When he spun it it spun very freely with the very faintest of noises' of course when under load and mounted in gearbox casing that noise would be amplified a lot.   He broke it open and could see the faint scuff and pits in the race.
Mine's down from the normally displayed 56 mpg to 52 mpg and that's just using the onscreen display so real world will certainly be worse. Cold weather running. On the plus side, starts however deep under the snow it is, took me 230 miles on Monday with no issue. I half half worn michelin ES all round, maybe it's the lightness of the car on the front but pulling away uphill in the snow / ice is not good. have to reverse to a dry bit then take a run from there :)
Looks like the snow is mostly over though i did sit on my bum this morning putting the wheelie bin out when I lost my footing on some wet ice. need better treads on shoes as well :)
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Reduced engine performance Jazz 1.4 i.vtec ES 2012 37k
« Last post by Jocko on December 13, 2017, 07:43:08 AM »
Filled tank this morning. Down to 49 mpg. Worst figure since January.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by Jocko on December 13, 2017, 07:36:11 AM »
A big drop in mpg this top up. Down to 49 mpg. However, I had only to fill up once in the last month, which means I have done a greater percentage of morning commutes and less longer journeys. Plus the weather has been so much colder. That also depresses the fuel efficiency.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Gearbox shot.
« Last post by Jocko on December 13, 2017, 07:00:01 AM »
The only saving grace is that they can run for years making this noise.
My hope entirely!
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Tyres tips please
« Last post by John A on December 13, 2017, 06:41:43 AM »
All seasons, Nexen N'Priz or N'BLUE 4 Seasons. Recommended by recent Autoexpress report. Excellent value and using them ATM during #snowinLondon!

Got R16 wheels on mine, so I'll probably sway the tyres that are on it now for the Vredestein Quatrac 5

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Quatrac-5.htm

Seems to get the best of the reviews for a tyre that comes in my wheels size.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Snow test
« Last post by MartinJG on December 12, 2017, 11:59:54 PM »
This arctic weather has given me the chance to try out the Jazz in the snow and ice. It struggles a bit. Tyre treads are OK. I found it had a mind of its own on occasions especially in the slush. Main problem is lack of weight. Whereas heavier cars just plough through, the Jazz tends to get a bit sidetracked. Fair enough for a light hatchback but the throttle link and clutch action are not great and certainly makes life interesting in challenging conditions. At least I know the ABS system works, well, on the driver's side at least. However, it could of course just be the wrong kind of snow.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Tyres tips please
« Last post by sparky Paul on December 12, 2017, 11:41:53 PM »
Avon are a very good mid-range tyre. Mine had 4 nearly new Avons on when I bought it, sadly the front pair had been ruined by misaligned tracking and I replaced them, but that's another story. The ones on the rear axle have never felt anything less than totally secure, even in the wettest conditions.

The Michelins are fine if you don't drive like a maniac, but they are primarily a low rolling resistance design which prioritises fuel economy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything