Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Screen mirroring, Android smartphone
« Last post by andruec on October 17, 2017, 08:56:35 PM »
Nope. My S7 Edge will recognise the car but only so far as to turn its own screen off. After that nothing happens. The infotainment unit says something about being the wrong version.

The problem last I heard was that the infotainment unit is using the first version of Mirrorlink (no surprise given that the car was released with an obsolete version of Android). The two versions of Mirrorlink were not originally compatible but there was a suggestion they were going to fix that eventually and that supposedly Mirrorlink 2 devices (our phones) would eventually be able to talk to older devices (our cars).

Oink, oink. Flap, flap.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Air temperature when heater set to cold
« Last post by andruec on October 17, 2017, 08:53:01 PM »
It's either a fault or user error. My Mk3 has plenty of cooling capacity and the impact on the engine is not noticeable. I will say that the Mk1 had better cooling (it could seriously freeze the cabin) but the Mk3 in normal working operation has plenty of cooling.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: I am Johnnyjazz no more
« Last post by peteo48 on October 17, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »
The access thing can be an issue (although the Jazz is as good if not better than most superminis in this regard). My daughter, who suffers from a back problem, finds her Qashqai so much easier than her old Fiesta when it comes to loading the kids in the vehicle - the height is the thing here.

Enjoy your new motor.
« Last post by culzean on October 17, 2017, 08:39:33 PM »
here is something I never knew before:

Most cars manufactured after 2000 have a relay that shuts off air conditioning at WOT (wide open throttle)) to ensure ample power for the engine under hard acceleration.

I found that out a while ago,  I think it also inhibits aircon clutch when starting engine,  but if I have aircon on I still dab the button to turn it off if I am going to overtake someone - and whether it is 'placebo' effect or not the car seems to go faster.
« Last post by Deeps on October 17, 2017, 08:13:31 PM »
But are you driving a MK3 with the Atkinson cycle 1.3l engine??

My engines 100 bhp is plenty powerful enough, have you ever exceeded 4,000 revs? The engine produces its max power at 5,000 rpm. The aircon uses about 2 bhp, less than the alternator. As said above the aircon shuts off at full throttle.

I have exceeded 4000 revs and it goes like the clappers but when you want to accelerate from 30 to 40 mph you have to kick it down or click a paddle to get the revs up otherwise it just dont go and if the aircon is on at this speed you are nearly going backwards

Ah, the rubber band transmission. No drop it into third and floor it acceleration. :-)
« Last post by Hobo on October 17, 2017, 08:02:21 PM »
So where are all the complaints from people that have purchased a Jazz with useless air-con?

I have not seen any on here apart from yours and enough people here have bought a MK3 by now.
« Last post by edam on October 17, 2017, 07:58:34 PM »
But are you driving a MK3 with the Atkinson cycle 1.3l engine??

My engines 100 bhp is plenty powerful enough, have you ever exceeded 4,000 revs? The engine produces its max power at 5,000 rpm. The aircon uses about 2 bhp, less than the alternator. As said above the aircon shuts off at full throttle.

I have exceeded 4000 revs and it goes like the clappers but when you want to accelerate from 30 to 40 mph you have to kick it down or click a paddle to get the revs up otherwise it just dont go and if the aircon is on at this speed you are nearly going backwards
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Wiper Blades
« Last post by 123Drive! on October 17, 2017, 07:51:16 PM »
Eurocarparts sells Denso, original ones, and other mentioned here. Wait when they do discount, like 36% off. https://www.eurocarparts.com/wiper-blades

But most need changing every year.

Photo shows the Bosch ones which were good.
« Last post by edam on October 17, 2017, 07:50:25 PM »
If Honda can put a hybrid engine in a car but forget to put a electric motor in then yes
« Last post by Hobo on October 17, 2017, 07:37:18 PM »
I do when needed but that engine does not have the power to spare to run air con.

Do you honestly believe that Honda would produce a car with air conditioning and fit it with an engine that is not powerful enough to run it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10