Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Odd behaviour from speed limit recognition
« Last post by richardfrost on June 26, 2017, 03:38:06 PM »
My H-RV consistently misreads a pair of 30 limit signs and displays 120!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Odd behaviour from speed limit recognition
« Last post by ColinS on June 26, 2017, 11:00:45 AM »
I suspect you are correct in that it only recognizes common signs.  The only other one that mine sees is the no overtaking sign.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Battery Life?
« Last post by Garyman on June 26, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
Back to topic.......

Despite getting it checked and charged by my Honda dealer on Tuesday, I almost couldn't start the car on Friday morning.

Emailed my dealer and they said to bring it down on Saturday morning where they will look at it again.

I said I don't have the time and rather just pay another 55 for a new Yuasa battery and just install it myself but they said they want the opportunity to help me sort it, and will somehow make it read a fault code so they could get me a free replacement as the battery is under warranty.

Went down 9.15am Saturday morning but they already had 7 other customers waiting for their cars to be worked on. 20mins later, the new lady at the service desk came over saying that the battery wont charge and that it will be 95 for a new battery.  I said no chance, and its still under warranty so should be foc so she said she'll check with the service manager and should be fine.

I was away by 10.15 after a new battery  8)

Car starts and just feels much better now with a new battery so pretty chuffed my Honda dealer once again helped me sort this out
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Front anti roll bar
« Last post by Garyman on June 26, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »
I've got a J's racing front strut and a Cusco rear ARB on my GE6

its all in my build thread if you haven't seen it already  ;D

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=1066.0

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Odd behaviour from speed limit recognition
« Last post by ColinB on June 26, 2017, 09:52:40 AM »
The westbound carriageway at the eastern end of the M3 has an unusual temporary speed limit through the roadworks, it's 55 instead of the 50 that you usually find in such circumstances. It wasn't just one or two rogue signs, they were all like that so clearly that was genuinely the limit. The Jazz did not display that speed limit at all, it just showed "---". Not sure whether that's an issue with the software being unable to read the signs (maybe it's only programmed to look for "likely" numbers and doesn't know what to do with unusual ones ?), or maybe the the display just can't show it.
It was interesting that many drivers didn't seem to believe the 55 signs, and stuck resolutely to 50 !
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Hot ignition key
« Last post by JohnAlways on June 26, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »
Probably unrelated but if it is a remote key fob then maybe the battery is having a problem. I witnessed a Vape thingy battery burst into flames last week so maybe a bit touchy about batteries.
« Last post by TG on June 26, 2017, 12:33:37 AM »
Not aware of any electrical contact made to the key, the immobiliser chip is read by radio frequency and the 'key presence' switch is low voltage / low current.  I don't think there is anything of any significant current running through the ignition switch itself as that is all handled by relays.  I do know a plasterer with a Mercedes van that had been in and out of the dealer with a very intermittent ignition - turned out to be plastery fingerprints on his key.
--
TG
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Idle stop, on or off?
« Last post by TG on June 26, 2017, 12:21:53 AM »
I'm going to post later about the new Audi A8 (launches next month) a couple of my friends have been involved with developing; that uses it's front camera and location to augment the idle stop.  This car knows if you are at a roundabout,  at traffic lights or in queuing traffic - when the car ahead moves forward it starts the engine while the brake is still pressed.  It also effectively uses a bit of start/stop technology while you are coasting or decelerating. 
--
TG
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Front anti roll bar
« Last post by TG on June 26, 2017, 12:02:34 AM »
I think the beam is a smart solution for a simple build, the thickness and bend of the metal must be highly designed for optimum response.  One of the side effects of this torsion beam and the angles it forms when loaded is a small degree of rear wheel steer without the complexity (remember the 80's Prelude 4WS?)  I have a chart somewhere that Honda produced for assessment that shows the rear passive steering angle under cornering loads.

[Insert chart when found].
--
TG
« Last post by Jocko on June 25, 2017, 09:47:39 PM »
I was thinking along the same lines. A poor electrical connection at a switch causes heating. No other way I can see an ignition key getting hot. Mind you, with steering locks and such like the switch is a fair bit removed from the actual switch. Not like the old Moggy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10