Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Dealers & Insurance / Re: Best Insurances for Jazz?
« Last post by madasafish on August 22, 2017, 08:12:42 PM »
Saga 210..
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: MPG for those interested.
« Last post by Jocko on August 22, 2017, 08:08:14 PM »
I have no idea how wages compared from then till now, but assuming wages increased at the same pace as prices, give or take, then petrol was slightly cheaper in 1965. Which may be down to lack of green taxes back then, purchase tax v VAT and the like.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Ford scrappage scheme.
« Last post by sparky Paul on August 22, 2017, 07:17:40 PM »
Be interesting to see what happens if significantly lower residuals were to feed through at the end of current PCP deals. I'm sure the finance companies buy indemnity insurance to cover shortfalls, but any serious problems might dent their ability to do this in future.
Dealers & Insurance / Re: Best Insurances for Jazz?
« Last post by sparky Paul on August 22, 2017, 07:01:11 PM »
Go to a cashback site like Topcashback and get a quote. Don't go to a price comparison site on Topcashback!

It's worth trying several comparison sites to find the best site for your own set of circumstances. If you punch your details into 3 or 4 of these sites, you will get 3 or 4 different premiums - and from all the exact same companies.

Sadly, for me the Topcashback compare works out more expensive than the cheapest, even with the cashback taken off. Confused seems to be the cheapest for me recently, I insured the Galaxy this year for 149, with class 1 business use.
« Last post by mikebore on August 22, 2017, 06:53:30 PM »
My 4/4d a gallon equates to 4.29 a gallon today, so cheaper but not a huge difference.

Don't understand...what am I missing ?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: OBD scan tool for 2002 Honda Jazz
« Last post by sparky Paul on August 22, 2017, 06:21:37 PM »
An ELM327 device should work with EML codes and live data from the engine, all cars sold in the EU have to have this compatibility - although the particular device has to be compatible with the protocol used by the Honda.

However, that's all the generic devices will do - no SRS, ABS, etc.

To do all the car systems, you will need a genuine Honda HDS diagnostic system, or one of the clones suggested by TG in the other thread.

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0
« Last post by Jocko on August 22, 2017, 06:21:00 PM »
My 4/4d a gallon equates to 4.29 a gallon today, so cheaper but not a huge difference.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Help with identifying engine noise
« Last post by sparky Paul on August 22, 2017, 06:12:04 PM »
Same here, long screwdriver on the bone behind the ear, squeeze the ear canal shut with the handle. Served me well for 30-odd years.

This is a lot shot, is pre-detonation (pinking) from loss of spark at the back bank of plugs a possibility? I know the two plugs fire sequentially, so maybe... I don't know. Pinking can be affected by intake air temperature... but should definitely be worse under load.
« Last post by culzean on August 22, 2017, 06:04:17 PM »
Mind you if I remember correctly, fuel was around 4 gallons to 1, a might different to today!

How did average wages compare though ? We did an exercise with some of the older guys at work when I was younger,  basically the question was  'how many hours did you need to work to buy some basic commodities' and some surprising answers,  mostly stuff was cheaper than it used to be,  but there was just more stuff available for people to buy.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Honda Jazz 2006-2014 & Insight Takata airbag recall
« Last post by peteo48 on August 22, 2017, 05:38:35 PM »
On another thread I mentioned a trip, as a passenger, I had taken in a CVT Jazz. In short they seem well suited to driving in an urban setting but I felt it struggled elsewhere and was a bit whiny. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have one although I guess you need to drive it rather than just being a passenger.

I notice Toyota are having a big advertising campaign for the latest Yaris Hybrid (also CVT) and it seems very heavily slanted towards urban driving.

More than ever, and I guess it's a good thing, we have cars aimed at specific situations and markets. The choice out there is better than ever.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10