Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: A bit of a disaster
« Last post by Jocko on May 23, 2017, 06:54:46 PM »
Disaster got even worse today. As my son-in-law couldn't manage exhaust until Thursday evening I went to one of the local garages TMS supply and who does jobs for the staff. Turns out he worked with S-I-L for many years. There was no way he could get the cat and middle pipe separated. The bolts were welded to the cat flange, and even after grinding off the nuts all that happened when he tried to split the flange was the cat flange bent. It was so soft.
I phoned my work and they had the cat in stock, so they just brought it down to us. 85.15 inclusive of VAT. It was then just a straightforward job of reassembling everything. For an entire afternoon's labour Bill charged me 45.
Total cost of exhaust (cat, middle section and gaskets), fitted, was 155.75.
At least now I am back to silent running.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Roof Rack
« Last post by olduser1 on May 23, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »
If you stuck then I think you can hire them, have used these many years ago https://www.roofbox.co.uk/about-us/
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Replacing plugs on 2010 Jazz
« Last post by plasma on May 23, 2017, 08:50:17 AM »
Good post, I do the same.

Plasma.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Starting issues
« Last post by Deeps on May 22, 2017, 07:03:15 PM »
This article refers to General Motors ECM, I'm not so sure that this can apply also to Honda Euro6 engines..

No one said it applied to Honda engines, however, it does give a general idea of what is going on and ties in with the AA's version of events.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Starting issues
« Last post by jazzaro on May 22, 2017, 06:58:40 PM »
This article refers to General Motors ECM, I'm not so sure that this can apply also to Honda Euro6 engines..
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: A bit of a disaster
« Last post by Jocko on May 22, 2017, 03:33:15 PM »
During my brief spell as a bus driver, speed bumps were never a problem. As you say, big vehicles just straddle them.
Regarding the Cat. Luckily for me it is on the part that is firmly attached to the manifold so wasn't flapping in the breeze.
We sell Cats at really reasonable prices, after the old one is returned and the deposit collected. It is the Platinum or Palladium they contain that makes them expensive, and it is recoverable from the old unit.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Constantly deflating tyre / wheel
« Last post by Jocko on May 22, 2017, 03:24:04 PM »
That's a great price. Their website looks good.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Tailgate lock locked
« Last post by culzean on May 22, 2017, 01:43:18 PM »
how2

when you say 'latch' at 2 and 6 o'clock do you mean that the key slot is not vertical ? or is it the plastic 'flap' that you pull to open tailgate in the wrong position ?
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Replacing plugs on 2010 Jazz
« Last post by culzean on May 22, 2017, 01:39:06 PM »
Are there any alternatives to this special grease available in the UK at a reasonable price. In most cases we motorists only need a small tube.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/servisol-multi-purpose-silicone-grease-50g-tube-re90x

or alternatively good old white petroleum jelly (Vaseline is as good as anything,  I use it on my battery terminals etc)

The silicone grease has high film strength and good insulating properties which can be a problem on low voltage terminals if it actually gets between the contact faces (it is more for insulating stuff that is already connected to keep water out) - Vaseline (originally Silkolene - made by Silkolene oil company, Stoke) has low film strength so that it easily pushes away from contact faces to allow contact,  but will seal water and oxygen out of the plug.

Personally I would use Vaseline for car / motorbike plugs / sockets that don't live in a hot place, as the Vaseline can melt at fairly low temp, and silicone grease for higher voltage stuff (or anything that may get hot).
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Tailgate lock locked
« Last post by TG on May 22, 2017, 12:20:37 PM »
You can lock/unlock it with a screwdriver from inside the the car if needed, under the 30mm circular cover there is a latch you can push.

The primary thing is to ensure the handle outside is returning back to its normal position, if it sits part way then the lock has issues.  Just push the handle back right now but to fix it put some grease (or sunflower oil or similar) on the handle sides so it moves past the rusty bracket then give it a bit of exercise to work that in.
--
TG
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10