Author Topic: Do I claim for damage off my Insurance?  (Read 5534 times)

guest5079

Do I claim for damage off my Insurance?
« on: November 19, 2014, 12:43:26 PM »
.Here's one for discussion, I got some criticism from some on my post re Warranties. Thoughts on this one please. Well on my way to having the brakes sorted under warranty, the following happened. It was blowing a gale and as time was tight and the dealer was closer to one side of town I decided to go the closest route. Driving under some trees by the side of the road, when a branch came down onto the bonnet of the Jazz. The VW that had been tailgating, seeing what had happened, suddenly decided to leave room BUT never the less I inherited a nice kink in the bonnet.
Now, I have a protected no claims bonus BUT I do not want to claim for the sake of it as all it does is increase premiums
Having a £50 excess I thought hopefully I can pay for it myself. Well, two quotes £250 yes £250 for a little kink. That's the price for a panel!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have been given the contact number for  a chap who uses levers ( I saw it on TV for dents in a door) so we will see.
So there you are chaps, I have thrown it out to you. What to do????????????

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Do I claim for damage off my Insurance?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 05:48:06 PM »
Not worth claiming.

1) Live with it.
2) "chap who uses levers". a.k.a paintless dent removal / PDR. If the paint is undamaged dent is massaged out.
3) Just get another bonnet in the same colour from a breakers.

I'd opt for option 1, but then again I don't like dipping into my pockets.  ;D

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 09:18:40 PM »
The guys that massage the dent out "Dentmasters" and "Axident" have both done amazing jobs on our cars in the past, its a real art if you get the chance to watch them. Its all done with the aid of mirrors  ;) ;)

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 09:46:37 PM »
Get down the local scrappers. Will prob charge about £50 with haggling. Of course you will have to take bonnet of and change yourself but that's half the fun.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I think the dent will stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags:

anything