Author Topic: Reversing Sensors  (Read 9885 times)

mylesm

• Approved Member
Reversing Sensors
« on: October 07, 2014, 04:10:23 PM »
Just fitted a set of reversing sensors on my new jazz no problem at all fitting them put control box in spare wheel well but its almost behind the rear trim can hardly see it and buzzer is also there I pulled wire up behind trim into rear light cluster and connected into reversing light

They Work great these are the ones I used

http://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/product/dolphin-audio-parking-sensors-dps400

mylesm

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:16:40 PM by mylesm »

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Reversing Sensors
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »
http://www.metasystem.co.uk/index.php/msy_ita_en/MSYIT/Vehicles/After-Market/Parking-Sensors/SR2-Targa-RTG

I fitted these 'number plate' reversing sensors to my Civic when I first got it - the only car I have ever felt the need for them on because of split rear window and large rear 'C' post.  they work remarkably well take minimal fitting (no hole in bumper required) and you can take them with you to your next car.

Although only one sensor is mounted each side of numberplate close to centre of rear of car, they detect at least 300mm to outside of each side the car, and although mounted quite high up on the car they detect quite low objects and single poles etc behind the car.

I bought them from Halfords but they seem to have stopped stocking them, try Amazon or similar sites.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:15:05 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 04:45:47 PM »
I fitted the Meta ones to our Yaris. Work well. http://tinyurl.com/knja2b5

guest2662

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »
i fitted the meta ones on 2 cars they worked great on both cars.

Oldie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES manual
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:51:31 PM »
I fitted 4 Steelmate sensors to our Jazz and they really do the business! 

Don't forget to inform your insurance company if drilling holes in the vehicle is involved. Mine initially refused to cover the car because  - "their policy was not to cover modified vehicles" and although I told them my installation was exactly as the original Honda configuration and was a safety improvement, they did not like it. Reluctantly they agreed to cover only the Jazz as originally supplied and not to cover the modifications, which I suppose was fair enough.

Insurance companies can have very strange ways! Better to find out at the start rather than risk having the policy voided for non-disclosure I suppose but?

guest5079

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »
I do enjoy these forums, especially when they are dealing with items on the list to be done to our newly acquired 2010 Jazz.  I am fortunate enough to have an insurance that gives me a 'few' perks. But having read about the problem with rear parking sensors and Insurers, I contacted my insurance company  ( RSA) and the reply was absolutely no  objection and will be noted. I presume this was as I included 'surely this is a safety fitting'.
At the moment I am trying to decide what to use. I did have rear sensors factory fitted on our previous car but did install front sensors. These were Italian and the best bit  was that they operated whenever the vehicle moved forward at less than something like 10 miles an hour. The unit was coupled into the sensor wire to the speedo. I contacted a company that import these units but it would seem that the model I used is no longer produced but I am in hope that the newer model is as good and reliable.

guest5079

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 01:11:11 PM »
I have just fitted a set of Dolphin Rear parking sensors. I did not remove the bumper and Mr Honda had kindly left a couple of holes already conveniently sited to pass the wires through. I put the 'brain box' at the very rear of the spare wheel tray but when I replaced the plastic finisher across the rear sill it obviously pressed down onto the connections in the box, which interfered  with the workings. Small alloy bracket sorted.
Next job is the front:   When I have found out how to remove some of the trim!!!!
I know there are those that think front beepers are a waste but my Wife several years ago, in  a supermarket car park,  just touched a Nissan Micra in the side, Rover nil Micra £700. Pea shaped and size dent by B post. No scratches, no paint loss. Spoke to our insurers about the so called amount of damage to Micra. Reply: these days Insurance assessors cost a fortune ( are they independent self employed? ) so we can't afford to challenge SMALL BILLS!!!!!!!!!! The bill was reduced to about £400 but I still think a rip off. So front beepers should solve that problem and might help  with the front bumper being low and supermarket kerbs delightfully high.

guest907

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 11:20:21 PM »
I told my insurer (Churchill) the vehicle was fitted with an extras pack which included rear sensors and sat nav and they covered it no problem.

guest4871

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »
Same with RAC.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »
I have just fitted a set of Dolphin Rear parking sensors.

I fitted some two days ago, rang my insurance Direct Line they noted them with no extra charge.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:19:36 PM by Hobo »

Tags: