Author Topic: water in the boot  (Read 7807 times)

guest302

water in the boot
« on: July 31, 2007, 09:14:12 PM »
During the heavy rain recently, we found water leaking into the boot via the internal light cluster covers.
Read up and found that slight cracks can occur during winter in the light surround.
Any views?

Also noticed a 1/2? clear pipe visible through both holes behind the covers. NB. I also saw the pipe that goes to the rear screen spray, so they aren’t that. Air-con??

thanks, mintgreen

Comical Engineer

• Topic Starter
Re: water in the boot
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 07:12:11 PM »
Does yours have a sunroof?

If so then check that the sunroof drain lines are clear. They can block up with debris. The solution is to clear any visible debris then rod through with some fairly soft wire (no sharp edges or you may split the rubber pipes).

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 03:12:11 PM »
How old is the Car?
I read elsewhere that there is a known issue where the seal between the roof and the C posts fails - Honda will repair it even if the car is out of warranty.

guest302

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 09:34:12 PM »
Hi everyone, The car is an 02 model. The water leaks in through the rear lights clusters inside the boot space

guest158

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:02:02 PM »
yikes. When we looked at a 2nd hand JAzz in a showroom, we noticed there was mould in the boot, and when we lifted up the carpet, a small puddle of water was sloshing about. The salesman said it was because they leave them parked up outside with the boots up and sometime rain gets in. I wonder now if that was strictly true?

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 07:45:12 PM »
[quote:20f72ukd]Hi everyone, The car is an 02 model. The water leaks in through the rear lights clusters inside the boot space
[/quote]

Did you read my post? The water leaks in from the metal seam between the roof and the C piller (that the frame around the hatch opening). The water runs down past the rear lights so it may well look as if it’s coming in there.

Ask your dealer to look - this is a known issue and Honda will repair.

guest243

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 10:22:22 PM »
i have a water leak in my boot through the 3rd brake light but thats due to installing the rear spoiler…

guest5132

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 11:43:59 AM »
Hi Everyone, I'm a new owner of an older Jazz (2005) 1.4 se. Just reading through forums I've come across this thread and would like to add some information to it - late though it maybe.

Honda have extended their standard warranty for this problem to 7 years to tackle this, but not indefinitely.
Consequently, I will need them to tackle it as a service job - fully paid.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 02:41:42 AM »
Only 7 years late to the post, but better late than never!

DIY or get an good independent to do it. Here's how: http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/website%20pages/jazz_leak.html

guest5132

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
Great. 
We all have something to contribute. But question remains - why would Honda not repair their robots' faulty workmanship during the lifetime of the car? Problems with leaking probably only show after a few years of ownership - not straight away and to ask dealers to charge for it is something I'm currently raising with Honda UK. Will post what transpires.

Many thanks for the link, may become my only way of fixing it in the end.

guest5132

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 08:24:15 PM »
Well... Honda UK didn't want to know. Local dealers quoted from £120 to £240 to fix. In the end did the job myself guided by the excellent link provided here. It turned out that only the gas strut mounts were leaking. but got the roof gullies also treated in case. Happy Honda with dry boot and spare.

Tags:

anything