Author Topic: Super locking  (Read 5583 times)

pb82gh3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Honda Jazz 1.4 VTEC Si
Super locking
« on: September 26, 2016, 03:01:19 PM »
Does anyone know how I can tell whether or not my Mk 2 Jazz has superlocking please?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Super locking
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »
I thought that all Jazz's had super/deadlocking.
Lock the doors with the key fob close button. The indicators should flash three times and you will hear the locks operate. Immediately press the close button again, you should hear  'clunk' from the locks again and I think the indicators flash once.
On the post 2011 facelift Mk 2's the indicators don't flash on the second close, at least mine don't.

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 04:51:25 PM »
Think all have this as standard, you need to press lock button on fob again (or turn key in lock for second time) within 5 seconds for superlocking.  I do wish Honda would have an 'unlock drivers door only' option though, with another button or first unlock press, with second unlock press to unlock all doors and boot.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 10:50:27 PM »
How do you check, it is actually superlocked?

Mine clunks the same sound, at every press of the button, after the second one.......
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

guest1372

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 01:10:24 AM »
Put hand in through an open window.
--
TG

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 08:05:56 AM »

Mine clunks the same sound, at every press of the button, after the second one.......

You should be able to sit in car with key not in ignition and superlock the car, then try to open door from inside ......
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 08:22:31 PM »
TG, culzean.
 Thanks for that! I've now had 4 cars, with that facility. Always taken it for granted. Never checked.  ::)

The inner lock "button", twists on the first press. Placing a finger on the button, I can feel the bolt slide home, on the second press.

You learn something new, every day!  ;)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Tags:

anything