Author Topic: Good Bye Honda Jazz  (Read 1885 times)

guest869

Good Bye Honda Jazz
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:32:52 PM »
After 7 years enjoyable ownership my Jazz is being sold. I now have a family and need a bigger car so have got a Ford Grand Tourneo Connect. I wish I could get a bigger Jazz or keep mine. It is a fantastic car.

What I like about the Jazz:
Load carrying capacity
Fold flat seats
Turning circle
Handling - Jazz`s really handle well and can embarrass many larger cars on the bends
MPG - Over 50 taking it easy on runs
Reliability - No MOT failures or advisories
How cheap you can get them now - what a bargain of a car

Dislike:s
Could do with more power and refinement at motor way speeds
Rear Wheel hubs
Drivers seat - I wish it was lower.

Highlights of Jazz ownership:
Getting a double divan bed (split into 2) in the back of my Jazz when my Dad couldnt get it is Octavia Estate.
Everytime I did a u turn  in a tight spot

I will be selling my winter wheels and tyres. Keep an eye on the classifieds.

Joh

Jeffyjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz se sport
Re: Good Bye Honda Jazz
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 06:00:31 PM »
The handling of the jazz is quite impressive bit to much body roll but I have a civic type r aswell and the jazz isn't far off that considering the spec differences.  The jazz just doesn't feel as attached to the road as the type r and has been known to wriggle about.

The turning circle is Amazing I reckon the best of any car that size

You will miss it -  I bought my Se sport  off an old lady 5 years ago for £800 with 32k miles
I bought it to sell as it was a bargain and I could see a potential £1200 profit....

5 years later and 90k miles later I still have it!!!!!!!!!!!!   The type r sits on the drive covered in green moss and the jazz is used every day

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Good Bye Honda Jazz
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 07:10:39 PM »
Normally fuel consumption and power go hand in hand,  so wishing for more power will get less mpg, lots of people buy the Jazz for its easy access, which means the higher seats. Also a lot of modern cars get wheel bearings failing due to manufacturers looking for lower rolling resistance and fitting lighter duty ball bearings instead of the tried and tested tapered roller bearings they used to fit.

The Jazz is basically designed for city use, although I never thought my 53 plate 1.4 was struggling on a motorway at 70mph.   Turning circle is amazing and designed for city life,  really miss it when I am taking 2 or 3 bites at a carpark space in my Civic that I could just drive right into in the Jazz,  when we are expecting tight parking my wifes Jazz is the car of choice.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything