Author Topic: Anyone have experience with 2007+ CR-V?  (Read 1879 times)

guest5168

Anyone have experience with 2007+ CR-V?
« on: June 11, 2016, 11:28:41 PM »
my parents are looking for a new car (it will be used mostly for school runs,and sometimes when its really bad weather to get to work 2miles away,and just short trips on weekends) currently they got 2003crv which has rusted out just sooo bad that it's time for a change, I checked and they have only done 3000miles with it last year so hardly any milage but it is used every day for school run..and in winters when the roads are a mess.

However they are also leaning slightly towards a 2009-2010 jazz as you can probably get rather good one for £2300  with around 50k miles,  compared to around £4000 for a Cr-v (which is their max budget) which will probably come with at least 100k miles on it..

Was just wondering in case anyone here have had experience with 2007+ Crv? Is there soo much more space in the CRv then there is in the jazz? They mostly want a reasonable size car so 5 people can drive in it comfortably , I know that 5people in my 2003 jazz is a tight squeeze and it's not really comfortable for long journeys and everyone gets tired in it after driving long distances as there's not much room for legs etc.. I haven't tried 2009+ jazz so i'm not sure if the inside space is more better than for the older model.
Also for which engine you should go for the 2007+ Crv , the diesel or petrol because of the low milage? which one is more reliable generally and a better fit for the car? Also Is there any known problems with the DPF filter on the 2007+ diesel crv or any other serious expensive problems?

Thanks.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
Re: Anyone have experience with 2007+ CR-V?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 08:02:29 AM »
ICDTI Diesel engine doesn't have a DPF. That was introduced in the new CRV with the iDTEC engine but at the mileage it makes more sense to get a petrol.

Tags: