Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Boot lock FIXED (almost)
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 08:58:31 PM »
Hope it goes well.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Boot lock FIXED (almost)
« Last post by ScottishStorm on Today at 08:47:53 PM »
There is a way to check compatible parts but  it is a tad laborious I was able to find that a window winding motor switch  for a Mk2  was the same as a' Ballard'
If you Google   https://www.'parts-honda.uk  There you can find your model and look up the part number, then try the Civic, unfortunately with the Civic it is a bit hit and miss unless you know which model might have a compatible part.
I know some more knowledgeable can find the Honda  part number on Lings but I suppose being lazy the above site gives you all the models at a glance.
Just ignore the prices they seem to come from la la land.

I found a Jazz if the correct year in the scrappies but someone else had nicked the actuator. So I found a Civic and although the casing was the same the wiring was different.

Jazz one with two plugs.

Civic one with one plug

I opened the Civic one and itís a motor and a micro switch so all I need to do is rewire it and bingo. Should be good to go.

Microswitch will work either way so itís 50-50 if I get the motor the right way but Iím going to guess the wires will be the same way round. Iíll let yíall know tomorrow night if itís a success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Weird steering problem!
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 08:42:11 PM »
Depend on what you have to pay for the ECU.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Weird steering problem!
« Last post by DamFit on Today at 08:25:03 PM »
Connectors on the EPS (on the steering column) unplugged and inspected. Everything looks OK.
Connectors on the ECU connectors looks like new and no signs of corrosion.
Some heavy rain came so I couldn't didn't have time to do any measurements.

I'm thinking about two options:
1. Replacing the ECU if a manage to get my hands on a used one.
2. Go to a Honda dealer and have them do a diagnostic to hopefully point out what has to be done.

What do you think?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Aftermarket radio and replacement
« Last post by piercedpanda on Today at 08:04:54 PM »
Thanks!
Just took a quick read, but I still havenít found how those rings around the heater controls (the ones with the symbols on) are switched to the new fascia.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 07:44:57 PM »
I have a Dyson vacuum cleaner and it is brilliant. Been using it for a few years now. Even the battery lasts well, which surprised me.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 07:35:08 PM »
I see Dyson have announced they are investing £2bn to start building battery powered electric cars. He will have a car ready by 2020. Seemingly a team of 400 engineers have been working on the project for the past 2 years. He is keeping his cards close to his chest on details.

Hope the cars are put together better than his vacuum cleaners.  Is he expecting to clean up the market ? Wonder why he hopes to succeed where the silicon valley whizz kids have failed ? Car makers have the skills to make cars, they can buy in any tech they need.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Strong exhaust fume smell near front of car
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:43:58 PM »
Honda fuel filter in the tank is a lifetime one, as confirmed by Honda dealer.
This information did not come from the Haynes manual but from the service book for my car. It is shown as part of the 9.000 mile service intervals. The information about most people leaving it does come from the Haynes manual.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:33:10 PM »
I see Dyson have announced they are investing £2bn to start building battery powered electric cars. He will have a car ready by 2020. Seemingly a team of 400 engineers have been working on the project for the past 2 years. He is keeping his cards close to his chest on details.
Honda fuel filter in the tank is a lifetime one, as confirmed by Honda dealer.  Trouble with Haynes manuals is that some of the information is generic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10