Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: How often do you check your rear lights?
« Last post by culzean on Today at 04:28:06 PM »
I check all 4 tyres visually every time before driving off, I know TPMS is supposed to tell you if a tyre is low but I would rather find out before I drive off.  I normally check all side and headlights if driving off in bad visibility or dark,  but brake lights have to wait for special attention every so often (I will check them if reversing up to a wall or shop window or anything that will show the lights).
Had my EX CVT for 3 weeks now....done 500 miles (mostly on M5 and60-65mph) and a little disappointed at the real world ( .... yes I write down petrol fill-ups into a spreadsheet......sad) mpg.
I'm getting 42-45mpg....I was getting 55-60 in the manual SE. I'm guessing that the engine is still "tight" ?? and we've had c-c-c-c-cold weather.
Though I thought engines were now "run -in"??

I felt my engine was tight when new. It seemed much happier after 15000 or so, but this is subjective. It wasn't reflected in fuel consumption, but I may have been driving harder as it loosened up. Engine seemed quieter and smoother too.

I track all my fuel usage with Fuelly on my iPhone. Very easy to add litres and miles while still at the pump. Attached is a current screenshot from my phone. (Data is also uploaded to Fuelly and accessible on computer).

Overall average is 46.0 average over 23,328 miles. I am not a hypermiler, and use the performance available up to the speed limits.
( .... yes I write down petrol fill-ups into a spreadsheet......sad)
Doesn't everybody?
Had a 14 plate Mk2 S, a 16 plate Mk3 SE and a 67 plate Mk3 EX

Mk3 every time for me....just wish the infotainment system displayed my phone text messages, like my missus's Peugeot 108.

Dear Mr. Honda. I promise NOT to read them off screen whilst doing 150mph down the motorway.....honest.
Had my EX CVT for 3 weeks now....done 500 miles (mostly on M5 and60-65mph) and a little disappointed at the real world ( .... yes I write down petrol fill-ups into a spreadsheet......sad) mpg.
I'm getting 42-45mpg....I was getting 55-60 in the manual SE. I'm guessing that the engine is still "tight" ?? and we've had c-c-c-c-cold weather.
Though I thought engines were now "run -in"??
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Reliability.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 04:07:42 PM »
My Carlton was the 1.8 auto. Never found it particularly under-powered, but I had come from a long line of old bangers so didn't have much of a baseline to judge it on. I must say, I loved the RWD. The Cavalier I replaced it with felt distinctly uncouth after the Carlton, and it was the CDi, with all the toys.
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 03:39:40 PM »
I lied earlier - I owned 2 Vauxhalls. I had a 1.8 Carlton back in the early 90s. Bit under powered as it only had the 1.8 engine.
« Last post by sparky Paul on Today at 02:34:51 PM »
I only ever owned one Vauxhall. A 1987 Cavalier - great car and very reliable until it got stolen

I've had a couple of Vauxhalls, my first one got nicked off the drive. Silver Calibra 4x4, first I knew about it was a Policeman banging on the door at 8 in the morning to see why I hadn't paid for the 15 petrol I just put in. He lost interest once he realised it was stolen.

Turned up ringed on a garage forecourt 6 months later.
Glad you are enjoying the new car. I'm enjoying mine. First Tesco trip this morning and first refuel. We'll have to keep comparing notes :)
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Puzzling ticking noise
« Last post by MikeG1944 on Today at 01:31:15 PM »
If the ticking noise gets faster when you accelerate then it could simply be tappet noise which would disappear shortly after starting up. Happens on a lot of engines when very cold. Nothing to worry about. Mine does it on cold days.
Mike.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything