Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Well I've just spoken with Northampton Honda and they've said the same thing. That to claim under warranty they have to see it for themselves. So not only is the quality falling but the warranty is pretty naff as well. What do they think - that I'm making it up because I love the inconvenience of getting my car to the nearest service centre (both of which are over half an hour away)? They don't care enough about me as a customer to be concerned that my door mirrors might stop working? Clearly it's about the money. They hope to put off the work and avoid paying for the parts for as long as possible. Well..until three years after manufacture anyway.

So..tell me again - what sets Honda apart from other manufacturers on the quality/warranty front? Seems to me like they are as bad as everyone else.
Perhaps you can get it on video and then show the garage, they cannot then dispute it.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Wiring diagram for air con/engine fans
« Last post by VicW on Today at 07:09:48 PM »
Hi,
electric fan seems to run a lot.  I'm thinking it is on permanently when the air con is on? 
The aircon fan starts when the aircon compressor starts and cycles on/off roughly every 10 seconds.

Vic.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Bubbles on alloy wheels
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 05:33:40 PM »
Sky the sport has black alloys coating have you found them easy to clean and robust.

They don't show the dirt, you have to be careful not to miss dirt on them when cleaning them, it is too soon to tell if they are robust. They are EX wheels with a complete black paint coat. I would expect them to be more robust than the EX wheels which only have a clear coat on their shiny bits.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 05:28:41 PM »
I wonder if we will or can change back to the gallon when out of the eu.
What’s a “gallon” ?

What you do miles per. :-)
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 05:21:46 PM »
I wonder if we will or can change back to the gallon when out of the eu.
What’s a “gallon” ?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Recommended Oils
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:58:45 PM »
The handbook says that is Honda MTF is not available then 10W-30 or 10W-40 can be used as a temporary measure in the manual transmission. Well different from 75W-90.
The handbook states (page 286) that I can use 0W-20 to 10W-40 for the engine, although the 10W oils are not advised below -20°C.
« Last post by Izzy on Today at 02:29:22 PM »
On the Castrol site they recommend 0W30 Edge oil but other forum members advocate 5W30 As I do like Castrol oils I will be using the 0W30.

Back in 2010 I changed the gearbox oil in my 2010 MX5 for Castrol 75W90 this made gear changes a lot smother and quieter. So if I had the manual Jazz this would one of the first oils I would change.
« Last post by Izzy on Today at 02:22:12 PM »
On the Castrol site they are recommending 0W 30 Edge for the engine other members are saying different ?

I will be using Honda oil for the automatic gearbox, but that is next year.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Engine mounting stud broken
« Last post by Izzy on Today at 02:11:22 PM »
I think the biggest problem will be steel stud - alloy casting = corrosion, hopefully once I support the engine and get the alloy bracket off and yes welding a nut on is good idea I was thinking along the line of buying a stud extractor and either a visit to a scrap yard or buy a set bolt of said diameter and thread.
 I will disconnect the battery first to stop any peaks, surges
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10