Author Topic: Mk3 features not available in the UK  (Read 3580 times)

guest1372

Mk3 features not available in the UK
« on: July 27, 2016, 04:12:39 PM »
Would any of the features available in other territories be desirable on UK spec cars?
i.e. Passenger side lane watch, sunroof, CVT ECO assist mode, heated leather seats, (ahem) rear drum brakes. Or more radical - the Shuttle & Hybrids

--
TG

guest5589

• Topic Starter
Re: Mk3 features not available in the UK
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »
I would like to think that after owning two cars with sunroof, I will never buy a car without one. I am 5' 11" so headroom is usually not an issue. I didn't know sunroof is not an option in UK! :O

I think Shuttle will do really good.. Us lot love estates and judging by the number of Fabia Estates I have seen, it should sell well.

guest5505

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 04:32:21 PM »
I do like the white Toyota Celica in the rear view in the info screen

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 07:55:14 PM »
The CVT ECO mode sound interesting but I've already disabled the lane departure warning and when I have climate control I see no point in a sun roof. I'd rather they gave us back the wonderful boot storage the Mk2 had  :(

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 08:23:29 AM »
RS model across the range with their 1.5 engine

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 09:51:02 AM »
In the whole EU we do not have 1.5 engines, 1.5 hybrid powertrains,  RS version, LED low beam headlights, the remote engine start,  passenger side lane watcht, sunroof,  leather interiors  and some body colors.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:24:29 AM by jazzaro »

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »
I think probably because of costs. Jazz is already priced at the upper end of the supermini segment so adding any of these will make it cost more than a Civic.

Honda needs to figure out a way of making Jazz start lower or add another model below to cater for sub-£10k market to compete against Up, Aygo etc.

£13.5k for an entry level model is pathetic!

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 04:19:17 PM »
I think probably because of costs. Jazz is already priced at the upper end of the supermini segment so adding any of these will make it cost more than a Civic.

Honda needs to figure out a way of making Jazz start lower or add another model below to cater for sub-£10k market to compete against Up, Aygo etc.

£13.5k for an entry level model is pathetic!
I don't know real prices in UK...  In Italy the official price for a entry level jazz il 14900€  but the same car can be normally bought ad 12500€, 2000€ less than the official value. It's moreorless 1000€ more than the real price of a Vw Polo or a Fabia with the same stuffs inside, as radio bt, 4 power windows, climate and so on; the price level is over the standard supermini (we call it B segment, Aygos and Pandas belong to A segment while a Golf is inside the C segment) but Jazz is bigger inside than a  Polo or a Clio. 

Tags: